HypoThyroid Disease (I have it)

JeepGirl

Reaction score
I would like to say a few things that had happened to me in the last few days. Not just for pity but maybe alittle advice from you guys.

In the last few days, I was having chest pains and had the tinglings all over my left arm, hand and foot. I thought I was having a heart attack but yet.. I didn't go see a dr. I don't like doctors. Anyway.. I was talking to my bestfriend last night and I told her brb because I felt worse. I sat on the couch for 2 hours in pain. My daughter was crying, wanting to call 911, I wouldn't let her. then my husband told me to go to the e.r. I decided to drive to the hospital myself. I'm stubborn when it comes to that point. Well, I came in.. they immediately checked me in and did an EKG. My heart was fine. so I come out to the Lobby.. boy.. there were like 70 to 100 people waiting. They called my name. Put me in a room. It was just me and my daughter. My daughter was my little interpreter til I asked for a certified interpreter. they did an xray, blood work, iv, heart machine, etc. It was freaky for me. My husband finally came (he was at work). The interpreter came in just in time for the nurse to talk to me about my wheezing. He said I have bronchitis and my lungs sounded really bad. Had to do a breathing machine and at the same time, the nurse said he was going to give me Morphine and some antibiotics. OH BOY.. that morphine surely threw me up to the ceiling! I had tears.. I wasn't crying.. but tears. i think its because I panicked. like i said.. I don't like doctors.

another nurse came in.. and said my bloodwork came back.. and will have the dr to talk to me. I knew it wasn't good. then I asked about my xray.. he said the dr will talk to me.

while being drugged... i was still feeling pains.. I told the nurse that my head is pounding worse like i've been hit by an 18 wheeler! He said.. the morphine isn't helping. I said i can feel the morphine kicking but my head was just killing me! they gave me another pain med.. it just made it worse.. I couldn't keep my eyes open..

The doctor came in..she said there was 2 things she needed to discuss with me.. she said first of all.. i have an infection in both of my lungs which can be cured.. 2nd of all.. I have HYPOTHYROID DISEASE.. i was like wtf??? what the heck is that.. she said its my glands in my throat that causes weight gain, constipation, tingling in body, fatigues (tired), depression, so on. I was like wow! I have all that! then I asked if it was curable.. she said no but have medications that can control. I was pretty upset because I've got asthma and Low iron and I'm taking medications for those. Now there's an addition to it.

I come home.. I've got 5 different medications just for my lungs and my thyroid. I can't go back to work as doctors order. Its really depressing for me.

I know there are worst things in the world besides my situation. I just want to hear them out and how they manage to deal with health problems like this. How to have faith, etc. I just want to hear them out.

perhaps it'll help others too.

thanks for reading this.

Rebelgirl,
:hug:
Sorry about you've gotten one..
you're not alone.. I have one like yours..
Since I have no cure for thyroid rest of my life and taking the medication.
I have not gone hospital like yours before. Just I shocked learned news from my family doctor years long back and gotten into my life thyroid system. I was kind upset turn it out different my life turned upside down and few days then accept being who am I.

I'm glad you did right thing and went pay visit the hospital and to check on you up.. and ensure make sure everything you're "alright".

Make it so worth life saver for yourself includes your children need you the most as same your husband too.
*smile* I'm glad you're alright.. least you're here.. *smiling* Keep positive and chin up too.

Hey there...

I'm really sorry that you got it. I hope you will feel better and get used to the fact you have it. It really sucks! Did you know that there is a possible cure for thyroid....which is massage (reflexology), unfortunately no health insurance will cover massaging sessions in the long run. Is Hypothyroid Disease meaning underactive thyroid?

Hey there...

I'm really sorry that you got it. I hope you will feel better and get used to the fact you have it. It really sucks! Did you know that there is a possible cure for thyroid....which is massage (reflexology), unfortunately no health insurance will cover massaging sessions in the long run. Is Hypothyroid Disease meaning underactive thyroid?

Seq,

There's no cure for highactive or underactive thryoid.. Honesty there's no way to get cured. Forever stuck there. I have thyroid.

Seq,

There's no cure for highactive or underactive thryoid.. Honesty there's no way to get cured. Forever stuck there. I have thyroid.

Well....My mom is a cerficated massage therapy person. She has been working with that career for more than 20 years and plus she's a reiki and B.E.A.M master. She reads a lot of health related books and plus she has lot of knowledge of things that most people don't know. Please don't assume and don't crisis what I know. You may be surprised what things can do.

Sweetheart knows about it, my mom told her that she will have to attend to massage therapy once every weekly to keeping her fluids in her body to balance(her insulin high and having issues with ovary cyst) and my mom knows how to cure them. it's sort of a cure....but it's better than taking medicine and it's more natural also. You will have to take the massage sessions forever until you pass away.

Hey there...

Yes its underactive.. it would be nice to know there would be a cure later in the future...

Yes its underactive.. it would be nice to know there would be a cure later in the future...

Ahh okay thanks....yeah I hope there is a permanent cure in the future that don't require continous use of medicine or massaging for your lifetime.

Well....My mom is a cerficated massage therapy person. She has been working with that career for more than 20 years and plus she's a reiki and B.E.A.M master. She reads a lot of health related books and plus she has lot of knowledge of things that most people don't know. Please don't assume and don't crisis what I know. You may be surprised what things can do.

Sweetheart knows about it, my mom told her that she will have to attend to massage therapy once every weekly to keeping her fluids in her body to balance(her insulin high and having issues with ovary cyst) and my mom knows how to cure them. it's sort of a cure....but it's better than taking medicine and it's more natural also. You will have to take the massage sessions forever until you pass away.
ooohhh tell her to do me for free!!!!! :fingersx: hehe jk. If i had that kind of money to do the massage therapy, i would be there in a second! seriously, I hate medications.

rebel i have same as yours and i am on medication for rest of my life right now i am feeling so low guess that i have my doctor to rejust the doses in the medication i have appointment in the end of month

i am hoping that it will be in control soon

Rebelgirl,
:hug:
Sorry about you've gotten one..
you're not alone.. I have one like yours..
Since I have no cure for thyroid rest of my life and taking the medication.
I have not gone hospital like yours before. Just I shocked learned news from my family doctor years long back and gotten into my life thyroid system. I was kind upset turn it out different my life turned upside down and few days then accept being who am I.

I'm glad you did right thing and went pay visit the hospital and to check on you up.. and ensure make sure everything you're "alright".

Make it so worth life saver for yourself includes your children need you the most as same your husband too.
*smile* I'm glad you're alright.. least you're here.. *smiling* Keep positive and chin up too.

thank you! Hugs

rebel i have same as yours and i am on medication for rest of my life right now i am feeling so low guess that i have my doctor to rejust the doses in the medication i have appointment in the end of month

i am hoping that it will be in control soon
did you all know that as i was reading about the disease, it can be a life threatening situation or can put you into a coma??? :eek3: that scared the heck outta me. so I take it, its pretty serious. I wondered what GalaxyAngel and you are taking? I have to call my family dr tomorrow and make an appt. how do you deal with it? don't you get tired of taking your medication everyday?

ooohhh tell her to do me for free!!!!! :fingersx: hehe jk. If i had that kind of money to do the massage therapy, i would be there in a second! seriously, I hate medications.

Hehe, I wish! yeah it would be nice to have some kind of money to get some massage sessions instead of medicine. I would rather have massages instead of medicine, too.

did you all know that as i was reading about the disease, it can be a life threatening situation or can put you into a coma??? :eek3: that scared the heck outta me. so I take it, its pretty serious. I wondered what GalaxyAngel and you are taking? I have to call my family dr tomorrow and make an appt. how do you deal with it? don't you get tired of taking your medication everyday?

i know it can be scary

i had to deal of taking medication everyday if i skip i can get tired easy
i take levothyroxine a little green pills

i know it can be scary

i had to deal of taking medication everyday if i skip i can get tired easy
i take levothyroxine a little green pills
that's what i'm taking for now til i see my family dr. we'll go from there. by the way.. mine is peach looking.. maybe it depends on the mg that has different colors.

I'm sorry about what happening to your health, I hope you are feeling better real soon, You in my prayers.

Back