Hussein to hang this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can everyone please stop talk about him..

btw He's DEAD! Throw this subject it's over talk about him...
He's gone for good!

I recommend this thread lock.. :locked: Pretty please!
Doesn't want to hear about Saddam's word ever again!

I don't blame you! Yes, Enough he was toooo SICKO!!!

I understand that there are going to be more video clips of Saddam Hussien floating around the internet as more than many people took video film of Saddam's last moments with their mobile phone cameras etc. which really probably was not permitted, which it does not surprise me considering this is a historical moment for them so waiting for more to come through and maybe there will be a more better and more clear video clip of Saddam's execution.

Here is another one at:

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/archive3.asp

I can't see the video clip as I am at the library. I will have to wait until I get my computer back from the shop. The news services from another countries usually are more graphic and more detailed, more clear.

All that Shadow Knight is so true about America on everything you said. & The way the world is now. The worst is yet to come. I didn't know it was Oliver North that warned the US about the Twin Towers. From what I heard though a long time ago when the FBI had Bin Laden at one time & taking him back overseas in a helicopter, he looked down at the Twin Towers & said to them if he had enough money he would have destroyed the Twin Towers. That right there should have said something to them & not dismiss a threat like that. When that was or if that was true or not I'm not sure don't quote me on it. But it just goes to show his hatred for America & his determination to destroy America always been since & before that day.

Yes also so true about World War 2 & The attacks on Pearl Harbor. Things like this should be prevented. But not knowing how &/or when does make it tough. But America should always expect the un expected & the worst things that has came & is still yet to come. Of everyone on here I do know & understand exactly where your coming from man. Even also heard that a Government agency was warned about an attack but didn't know where &/or when before the 9/11 attacks.

& Now that happening to Saddam & being hung. Everyone celebrates a death like that. Bin Laden still out there somewhere probably has bigger & worse attacks & getting them ready for the right time. & Who knows who else. But America more likely just gonna wait & see before its too late while Bush is wasting all this time & all the troops in Iraq.

I do agree with you thoughtful however, I believe there will be more horror to come this would be much worse than 9/11 event and dont be surprise it will be coming out. Did you know this the 9/11 event incident was actually warned by Oliver North he did warn the US but they choose to ingore and thought this Osama Bin Laden will not do anything...look carefully, off the point, when US determined to stay back off from participating in World War II and let Europe handle their own mess until Japan bombed the Pearl Harbor have truly woke up America from being as giant sleeping a famous quote made by Japanese general after Pearl Harbor incident and what more naval base KNEW the enemy planes entered Hawaii zone but they ignored and wait until it was too late. Now back to point look at 9/11 event, they are repeating the history. In my previous comment, the death of Saddam is the true beginning of horror and horrible events to come this will be very things this we would never got to see....

I respect justice system what they made for Saddam but to my feeling, it would not over as what the people thought.

All what I want to say is Saddam´s victims stay in my thought and hope that everything will goes smooth after Saddam´s death.

Heath, I saw dead Saddam on TV news.

well it was so terrible ..by the way.he was crimes against humanity ...some of sunni iraqi are not happy about it huh.

Can everyone please stop talk about him..

btw He's DEAD! Throw this subject it's over talk about him...
He's gone for good!

I recommend this thread lock.. :locked: Pretty please!
Doesn't want to hear about Saddam's word ever again!

I dont blame you however, you will see much worse than just Saddam himself dont be surprise...;)

All that Shadow Knight is so true about America on everything you said. & The way the world is now. The worst is yet to come. I didn't know it was Oliver North that warned the US about the Twin Towers. From what I heard though a long time ago when the FBI had Bin Laden at one time & taking him back overseas in a helicopter, he looked down at the Twin Towers & said to them if he had enough money he would have destroyed the Twin Towers. That right there should have said something to them & not dismiss a threat like that. When that was or if that was true or not I'm not sure don't quote me on it. But it just goes to show his hatred for America & his determination to destroy America always been since & before that day.

Yes also so true about World War 2 & The attacks on Pearl Harbor. Things like this should be prevented. But not knowing how &/or when does make it tough. But America should always expect the un expected & the worst things that has came & is still yet to come. Of everyone on here I do know & understand exactly where your coming from man. Even also heard that a Government agency was warned about an attack but didn't know where &/or when before the 9/11 attacks.

& Now that happening to Saddam & being hung. Everyone celebrates a death like that. Bin Laden still out there somewhere probably has bigger & worse attacks & getting them ready for the right time. & Who knows who else. But America more likely just gonna wait & see before its too late while Bush is wasting all this time & all the troops in Iraq.

Bingo!!!! One of well known Political supporting figure Joel Rosenberg researched and said 90 percent of American have ignored the disaster and destruction of countless of horror tales within Middle East because they diss at Bush for mishandling the war, in general it is true! But they didnt realized this the crisises in Middle East are truly brewing for other big showdown thier goal is to target Israel and remember President Iran's infamous quote against Israel.

when i saw the news that Saddam was hanged. i have dark feelings came over me like something bad will happen.. i dont know what it is.. but this is not good.. :(

the video was taken by cell phone from what i saw on CNN news. just to let u know, Angel.. ok.. :)

when i saw the news that Saddam was hanged. i have dark feelings came over me like something bad will happen.. i dont know what it is.. but this is not good.. :(

the video was taken by cell phone from what i saw on CNN news. just to let u know, Angel.. ok.. :)

Yes I agree with you I have felt same thing, in my earlier comment, the death of Saddam mean the true beginning of horror for time to come...

i hate to think of what would happen.. we just have to be on our guard for what will happen.. and to ask God to watch over us and pray for our safety from horror. sigh..

Someone did a bad job video taping this....Too much moving around and not a clear picture either... :ugh:

There was too much excitement to see him get hanged much try get it on a cell phone video. Saddam made a bold definition of the word 'opression' in which what happened over the years at Gallaudet University is paled in comparision.

Richard

I respect justice system what they made for Saddam but to my feeling, it would not over as what the people thought.

All what I want to say is Saddam´s victims stay in my thought and hope that everything will goes smooth after Saddam´s death.

Heath, I saw dead Saddam on TV news.

That's what I thought so...

Europe Says Saddam's Execution Solves No Problems for Iraq

As European nations criticized the execution of Saddam Hussein out of opposition to the death penalty, Sunday newspapers across the continent were pessimistic as to whether the hanging would solve any of Iraq's problems.

Newspapers in Europe, which on Sunday caught up with broadcasters and the Internet in focusing on former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein's execution for crimes against humanity, were largely in agreement that the hanging would do little to change things on the ground in Iraq.

The Sunday Telegraph in London said it would be "naive to think that his (Saddam Hussein's) execution will end the growing sectarian violence that has gripped Iraq since the US-led invasion toppled Saddam in March 2003."

But it conceded that the hanging "might sow a necessary seed of separation between" loyalists of the secular Baath party that had ruled Iraq for three decades and the Islamist extremists.

Bildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Iraqi state television broadcast graphic images of the execution
"The execution has definitively robbed the former group of a symbolic figurehead and any hope of a recognizable Baathist revival," the right-leaning newspaper said in an editorial. The dictator's death "may yet open up a tiny chink of hope," it concluded.

The left-leaning Independent on Sunday said Saddam's execution defied moves worldwide in recent decades to scrap the death penalty and "can too easily be portrayed throughout the Arab and Muslim worlds as victor's justice."

"This is not the beginning of a new Iraq"

The Italian press also agreed that the execution had "divided the world" and would not "end the nightmare of the Iraqis."

The business daily Il Sole 24 ore said "this is not the beginning of a new Iraq," while Il Messagero concluded that dialogue was urgently needed in Iraq but "the necessary conditions to do not exist, and that death of Saddam will not help this."

Only the Turin-based daily La Stampa saw Saddam's death as "possibly a turning point for a country finally united by the disappearance of the person chiefly responsible for its ruin."

Bildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Many Iraqis were jubilant at news of the execution, but violence continued unabated
Spain's respected daily El Pais said that in executing Saddam the Iraqi government "lamentably succumbed to an easy temptation."

The government "may or may not gain greater public backing but the Arab country is no better off today, nor is its future more promising with the elimination of the man from Tikrit," Sadam's hometown.

"With the precipitate and quasi-clandestine hanging of the tyrant, Baghdad has not just lost an opportunity to show magnanimity that Iraq desperately needs if it is to have the least chink of home. It has also lost the chance to carry on judging Saddam for his crimes against humanity and expose to Iraqis the truth behind his appalling reign in all its gore."

"Now what?"

The German weekly Bild am Sonntag was similarly pessimistic, saying this was not a time for "joy or relief ...because Saddam's death does not solve any of the problems that the military campaign against him created."

The French Sunday paper Le Journal du Dimanche asked on its front page "And now what?"

"The condemnation of Saddam Hussein does not change anything on the ground," it added.

On Saturday, most European nations, though condemning the former dictator's crimes and his reign of terror, stridently criticized his execution, calling capital punishment cruel and barbaric.

Bildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Iraqis grieve beside the grave of the former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein in Ouja, 130 kilometers north of Baghdad

European Union reaction focused on opposition to the use of capital punishment as a matter of principle. Article two of the EU's charter of basic human rights says no one "must be condemned to death or executed."

France, a staunch opponent of the Iraq invasion, reiterated its opposition to capital punishment and "calls like all its European partners for the universal abolition of the death penalty," the foreign ministry said.

Germany also reaffirmed its opposition to capital punishment while acknowledging that "thousands of innocents were killed and tortured" under the Saddam regime.

"The German government, like the rest of the European Union, rejects capital punishment as a matter of principle in all circumstances," a foreign ministry statement said.

Britain, the main US ally in Iraq, said Saddam had been "held to account" but reiterated its opposition to the death penalty.

A "missed opportunity" for Iraq

Italian Prime Minister Romano Prodi said he was concerned over tensions fanned in Iraq by the execution.

"From the first hours (following Saddam's hanging) we've seen that the consequences have been an increase in tensions and violence, as you could have predicted," Prodi was quoted by ANSA news agency as saying. "I hope it won't continue," he added.

Prodi on Friday issued a final plea against Saddam's execution, saying "no fault can determine one man to be the bearer of death to another."

A statement by Terry Davis, Secretary General of the Council of

Europe, Europe's top human rights body, described the trial as a "missed opportunity in a country which does not have many opportunities.

"It was an opportunity for Iraq to join the civilized world. The former Iraqi dictator was a ruthless criminal who deserved to be punished, but it was wrong to kill him," Davis said.

What Iraqis need is "justice, reconciliation and peace, not hangings and revenge."

Europe Says Saddam's Execution Solves No Problems for Iraq | Europe | Deutsche Welle | 31.12.2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back