Hundreds of scientists/others attended 3 conferences on global warming as skeptics

kokonut

Reaction score
Hundreds of domestic and international federal and state legislators, scientists, economists, business people, and policy activists attended the three previousconferences in New York City and Washington D.C. Coverage in print and new-media outlets was extensive, including The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today, and leading newspapers and online sites from dozens of countries.

“Since Heartland and its allies produced the first international conference of global warming skeptics in March 2008 in New York City, the science has grown ever more persuasive that global warming is not a crisis,’ said Joseph Bast, Heartland Institute president.
Global warming non-believers bound for Chicago

Remember, the argument is about that global warming cannot be man-caused, not about whether global warming (or cooling) exists. That's been going on for hundreds of millions of years.

I happen to believe the skeptics, that the planet is going through a cycle of heating and cooling, and that, most importantly, that people alive today are not responsible for "global warming"-that it's been slowly building up for centuries. Recall the Industrial Revolution and pre-natural gas years, when coal and wood fires were the only heat source on the planet.

I also believe that nothing can be done to slow or halt this "global warming"-even if all over the world, people stopped driving autos, no airplanes flew, etc., and no factories spewed emissions ever again, I think that the "crisis" would continue.

I think that the "global warming crisis" was cooked up so that Al Gore and his cronies would profit from all the hand-wringing and figurative self-flagellating.

Indeed. There's an obvious political agenda behind all this and it's about control.

It's quite frightening, too. If Al Gore and co. can convince the government to impose controls on industry, as well as other areas of our lives, in the guise of saving our planet, who knows what kind of country we'll be living in?

Back