Humming In My Ears

Daminx

Reaction score
i have always had a very high pitched whistling in my ears from Since i Can remember but i am finding i am finding it hard more often to understand people when they Are not facing me when speaking. I have a new Humming sound that has Joined my whistling in ears. I am going deaf!?

Have you been to a doctor lately?

To me, it sounds like you might have a touch of tinnitus.

Best to go to a professional and get your ears checked out though :)

I get that too and it's tinnitus , it can get very loud at times but I have learned to block it out .

Tinnitus but definitely go get the doctor to check it out to be sure there is no physical reasons like blockage or something in the ears. White noise helps with the tinnitus...same with hearing aids for some people.

Haha, Nice Joke steinhauer, Love your avatar i Need to get one for myself. I have gone to the doctors for a check up appointment 2 weeks ago and they said nothing is blocking my ears.

You have tinnitus. It is the hairlike cells inside of the cochlea that are the neural receptors which discriminate sounds and speech - some of them are damaged. It causes your brain to make up sounds that are not there - like when a person loses their arm but can still feel it.

Take a Zinc supplement - I heard it helps lessen tinnitus.

I didn't Know amputees Can feel their lost limbs. Thanks for the Info, does it mean it's going to get worse?

I didn't Know amputees Can feel their lost limbs. Thanks for the Info, does it mean it's going to get worse?
amputees feel phantom pain , my tinnitus can be worst on some days I am hearing it right now but I try not to think about it .

My tinnitus gets worse if I eat sodium rich foods, so I have learned to avoid them. Also, when i am really, really tired (like right now) it flares up too. I have learned to manipulate my tinnitus to sound like a beautiful orchestra that lulls me to sleep.

If I could only write music - the rest of the world is really missing out.

My tinnitus gets worse if I eat sodium rich foods, so I have learned to avoid them. Also, when i am really, really tired (like right now) it flares up too. I have learned to manipulate my tinnitus to sound like a beautiful orchestra that lulls me to sleep.

If I could only write music - the rest of the world is really missing out.

Stress sometimes causes mine to get louder as well as being sick.

LOL my tinnitus automatically switches into music mode often... and a comedy routine (with laughter and no can't understand any words), and sirens. Ocean is the newest one- which I don't mind!

Stress definitely causes tinnitus. I have it often, but most of the time it's musical, so the sound itself isn't annoying, but after a while -- hours or days of it -- I get very tired of it.

Back