HTC Phones

rchz

Reaction score
Hi I'm thinking of getting an HTC phine but i'm not sure on what htc phone to get.. Which is good for internet surfing, soical networking and emailing.. as I have looked on 4 different phones and still can't decide.

WHich one should I go for?

What models of the HTC phones are they like Beach Girl stated?

Simon, that Desire Z looks like a nice phone. What do you love about the keyboard? The picture I found of it online just shows the front, not the slide.

I see it has handwriting recognition. Have you used that?

Do you use it with your hearing aids, via Bluetooth, or only for text?

I'm still shopping for a new phone (although I did find my old one, finally - yay for spring cleaning!), and I want something that is good with texting, but it would be nice if it could work with my aids, too.

How does she use it? For texting or for speech or what? What does she like about it, do you know?

How does she use it? For texting or for speech or what? What does she like about it, do you know?

With me for texting.

With hearing people she uses speech, as my daughter is hearing.

Actually she doesn't like it and thinks it is too big, plus the screen got shattered when her four year old dropped it. Insurance replaced it.

I like it because I am low vision and it has the big screen. (And I am especially fond of it because the four year old taught me to play Angry Birds on it.)
:lol: Not very logical reasons??
:hmm: Maybe I shouldn't have promoted it to the OP, unless they live a similar life to me?

But at the moment I am stuck with a Kyocera Loft and won't get an Android until my husband's contract is up. (How we handle budget.)

..I have an Evo and love it! The 4g makes a difference with surfing the web..it's really fast. I like the huge screen also especially while watching videos. There are many free apps, user friendly. At first it seemed like a "personal assistant".. I use the navigation app a lot. Texting is easy because of screen size. Yes screen size helps especially because I also use low vision features and wear glasses..The phone is a little heavy. For hoh it has a amplified sound feature..I am happy with my Evo..

Okay - I'm a little dense tonight, What's an HTC phone?

Current lineup of physical keyboard android phones. I assume you are more into the keyboard than on screen or voice.

since april 2011:
#1 HTC Evo 4g shift
#2 HTC Desire Z / G2
#3 HTC Magic/myTouch 3G slide

Simon, that Desire Z looks like a nice phone. What do you love about the keyboard? The picture I found of it online just shows the front, not the slide.

I see it has handwriting recognition. Have you used that?

Do you use it with your hearing aids, via Bluetooth, or only for text?

I'm still shopping for a new phone (although I did find my old one, finally - yay for spring cleaning!), and I want something that is good with texting, but it would be nice if it could work with my aids, too.

It is easy to type texts, I don't use it with hearing aids but I have got headphones for music and I can just about hear it. My hearing aids don't do bluetooth, couldn't afford the ones that did.

The Sense interface is awesome, I have had it about a week and would not swap for anything.

I use, in no particular order: SMS, web browser, email, ebook reader, news reader, GPS, Facebook, Twitter, Games (Cribbage!) but have yet to make a phone call. lol

Oh yeah, I didn't notice the poster is in UK so that means only GSM networks for him.
I don't think the Evo 4g shift will be GSM, it's likely staying CDMA like the original Evo.

Definitely the Desire Z is your top choice for a physical keyboard, because you won't have the Evo shift for awhile, Evo being rolled out in the UK is still questionable.

KristinaB, you asked "what are HTC phones?"

HTC phones:

HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs

The "Thunderbolt" I guess is the newest one.

You practically need an engineering degree these days to figure out what phones do what things the best.

I was looking at a review of phones in Consumer Reports. It rated them on various things, like texting and photos and web connections and other stuff. Different phones got "better than average" or "excellent" in different things.

Know what they nearly ALL got "worse than average" on? Sound quality!! Of all things a phone is supposed to do, isn't sound quality, in theory, one of the most important?

'course for most of us here (including me) text ability is more important, but still - made me laugh that phones do just about everything fantastic except do a good transmission of the caller's voice.

KristinaB, you asked "what are HTC phones?"

HTC phones:

HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs

The "Thunderbolt" I guess is the newest one.

Thanks - I will stay with what I have. I can't get qualified for any contract phone and go with a prepaid. I just want to find a better suited phone, but can't in the prepaid plan I like. So it looks like I will have to change prepaid plans, but I'm not sure which way to go. I want a full qwerty keyboard and I currently use TracFone.

Thanks - I will stay with what I have. I can't get qualified for any contract phone and go with a prepaid. I just want to find a better suited phone, but can't in the prepaid plan I like. So it looks like I will have to change prepaid plans, but I'm not sure which way to go. I want a full qwerty keyboard and I currently use TracFone.

Try Virgin Mobile if you have it in Florida.

Current lineup of physical keyboard android phones. I assume you are more into the keyboard than on screen or voice.

since april 2011:
#1 HTC Evo 4g shift
#2 HTC Desire Z / G2
#3 HTC Magic/myTouch 3G slide

when are you getting a new one?

HTC Desire

Hi I'm thinking of getting an HTC phine but i'm not sure on what htc phone to get.. Which is good for internet surfing, soical networking and emailing.. as I have looked on 4 different phones and still can't decide.

WHich one should I go for?

I see you're in London like me. You don't want to get a HTC Evo as we don't have a 4G system yet in the UK.

I'm a big fan of HTC phones and I currently use a HTC Desire (the "old" one, not the newer Desire Z or Desire HD). I use it for SMS, social networking, sat nav and updating documents on the move. It's great especially if you have a gmail account as it seamlessly integrates with your email and Google calendar if you use that as well. Although Yahoo! have a reasonably good email app for Android phones as well. If you do a lot of typing, you may want to investigate the HTC Desire Z as it has a pull-out physical keyboard. However I've downloaded one of those "swype" keyboard where you type a word by moving your finger across a keyboard without lifting it off the screen (it's like a wiping movement, as opposing to tapping individual letters). Once you get used to the unusual way of entering text and the keyboard layout, it is very fast.

Back