Howdy

Boobookitty

Reaction score
Im guessing this is how to add to newbie portion-lol
I am HOH I'm guessing or my terminology (hearing aids are not working anymore,had new ones 2 mos ) i hear garble garble noise is what I hear in left ear with hearing aids,nothing but weird sounds in right unless complete silent rm.
I read lips,don't know ASL. Wish I did but can't find a weekend place here in Missouri. i have 85db loss left ear and last week 95 db loss ( I'm told it's going fast they don't know why,every fever kills more of my hearing as well) have to get tested every week at audiologist (hate the tests!) For now.
I have two kids. They are so sweet and understanding. Both my girls have mild autism . We get through are life frustrations together. I think losing my hearing as a kid (Scarlett fever) and all the speech classes and getting hard time from ppl has helped me raise them to have confidence and to know we just work a bit harder than others in life,but worth it. :0)

welcome to AD, I'm sure alot of us went in that boat.
I had the same problem with my right ear last week and it turned out my earmold and tube with wax was making everything clog up. a big double WOOPS!!!!

you're welcome and btw, the garble went away after I cleaned my earmold and tube with a cute lil brush.

I have a box with cleaning tools that came with it. They said its my ear not the hearing aid. Went to dr today there is nothing else the audiologist can do for me anymore.
Was told I can hear close to 80% speech recognisation at 96 decibels if perfectly quiet room-lol (not realistic never anywhere quiet)
August Im going to talk to a surgeon about Cochlear Implant.

I lost all low tone hearing completely was told today by dr.Explains why music sounds so weird. Women's voices sound weird too.

I figured CI people. I've been wanting to see how regular people (not dr or companies) feel about them. (my hearing aids make sounds,sound funny music voices etc I'm talking about) I do joke towards myself about StarTrek/7 of 8 stuff lol I'm a geek and that's how I deal with my own issue ,is humor . :0) I feel borgish sometimes all the stuff they hook to my head at dr.'s lol :laugh2:

OMG that's what my 2nd hearing aid did ROFL!!!!!!!!!! there were so many funny sounds, funny looking music (that's what U get when U have hearing aids with no volume switch)

Back