How would you define ... ? :D

How would you define your hearing status ? ( multiple choices are possible )

• Deaf

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • deaf

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • late deafened

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • oral deaf

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • severely/profoundly hard of hearing

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • moderately hard of hearing

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • slightly hard of hearing

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • hearing

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • other. please clarify

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
what's the difference between Deaf, and deaf? :cool:

what's the difference between Deaf, and deaf? :cool:

Deaf means that the person who is deaf is signing the ASL only, no oral, that is my way of thinking what a Deaf is.

deaf means that the person who is deaf who feels that he just can not hear, period.

As for me I am totally deaf on the right ear and could not use the hearing aid because all I could feel the vibration. I am deaf on my left ear but use the hearing aid to help me hear the sound (noise). I don't wanna get the CI. I am also oral deaf too as I go to oral school, never went into deaf institution.
I am really proud of being deaf and I love it. That is cool. :cool:

I'm severely moderate/ profound hard of hearing to deaf/Deaf people but to the hearing world- I am deaf! :)

I'm deaf. But I don't see why we should define ourselves as deaf or hoh.. TO the hearing world, we're all deaf. Doesn't matter if you can hear a little or moderately. you're still considered deaf or "hearing impared" So this is pointless, IMO.

Sorry, Just expressing my POV.

I'm deaf. But I don't see why we should define ourselves as deaf or hoh.. TO the hearing world, we're all deaf. Doesn't matter if you can hear a little or moderately. you're still considered deaf or "hearing impared" So this is pointless, IMO.

Sorry, Just expressing my POV.

I can agree with you but there are different 'degrees'.. I'm deaf to hearing world but I'm not stone deaf.

Most days I am hearing, but some days if the ringing is really bad I have a slight hearing loss...

I am profoundly deaf both ear. Use to wear two aids, now I have one on my right ear. Cannot stand the ringing in my left ear every night before go to bed.

Yep

:hug:There are some in ships, There are some in boats and there are some in rafts. We are not the same but we are still in the same water.

I consider myself deaf. The way I see it, my left ear is PROFOUNDLY deaf, and my right is severely-profoundly deaf and I have enough trouble understanding with a hearing aid, so I'm deaf.

I am Deaf and deaf..I participate in the Deaf culture but also participate in the hearing world part time so I dont know if that makes me deaf or Deaf. LOL!

slight hard of hearing.... but bearbeauty is right.

Back