How Were You Purposed Too?

You are more then welcome Magatsu... :thumb:

Magatsu said:
C.C. Sinned, your advice does sound good. I guess I can try what you said whenever I feel that is time for both of us to dive bit deeper into our relationship.

Many thanks!

I know I wasnt asked to answer this but wanted to tell ya that I would think ANYONE would be nuts to turn you down!!!! I am sure that most gals here will agree that you would make a fine husband material for some lucky gal out there! :ily:

Meg said:
I know I wasnt asked to answer this but wanted to tell ya that I would think ANYONE would be nuts to turn you down!!!! I am sure that most gals here will agree that you would make a fine husband material for some lucky gal out there! :ily:

i absolutely agree with you meggiegirl!!! :thumb:

so joshie dear don't bother giving us anymore of your shyness crap!!! :nana: :ily:

Those Africans and Mexicans asked me to marry them...
so that they can get a green card.

I said no. :greddy:

I had someone ask me to marry him once. I was nineteen, and he was twenty-two. As I remember it, we both were on the phone, and he just asked me "Will you marry me?" We had previously dated, and had known each other since we were kids, but I just was not into marrying anybody, so I said no.

Actually, to be honest, I laughed and said "Are you crazy?" :lol: I really didn't think he was serious. We remained friends for a few more years after this. Then, his life took a tragic turn. He passed away in 1995. Look back, I really wonder if he was serious about that proposal and if I messed up destiny or something? But, I guess I'll never know. I do know that I was awfully young, and probably did the right thing for myself when I rejected the proposal, but I do wonder "what if".

LOL... no I am still here. sorry I had to take care of things at home, after finding out my grandma is in the hospital.

Anyway....he asked me to move in with him in a townhouse that shared with other ppl. lightbulb went out in the bedroom, we were talking to his best friend who has ushers sydrome so we had to move into bathroom, chatted and chatted... it was on new years eve, trying to kill time before going to the bar.

my hubby got cold feet so he decided to propose me in the bathroom instead of the bar.. my respone was "in the bathroom??" he got embarrassed and laughed and he said "well why hell not?"

there ya go, ,been married 7 yrs this summer.... :bump:

Oceanbreeze said:
I had someone ask me to marry him once. I was nineteen, and he was twenty-two. As I remember it, we both were on the phone, and he just asked me "Will you marry me?" We had previously dated, and had known each other since we were kids, but I just was not into marrying anybody, so I said no.

Actually, to be honest, I laughed and said "Are you crazy?" :lol: I really didn't think he was serious. We remained friends for a few more years after this. Then, his life took a tragic turn. He passed away in 1995. Look back, I really wonder if he was serious about that proposal and if I messed up destiny or something? But, I guess I'll never know. I do know that I was awfully young, and probably did the right thing for myself when I rejected the proposal, but I do wonder "what if".

Well you wouldn't want to be a widow. Right? :squint:
How he died? Did you broke his heart or what?
Okay, none of my business??? :squint:

When I was dating my hubby, my ex had the guts to come over to my apartment, my roommate answered the door.

She said "Ummm, Kelli, the door is for ya" and I went, "who?", she said "well you know who"

I went over to the door with door wide open for everyone who was over at my place to have dinner with friends and roommates,,all of them, I mean ALL of them stopped eating and turned their heads to watch the door.

My ex was on his knee, crying, pleading and begging to marry him front of my future hubby. I just stood there, and nodding my head and don't give a crap what he pleaded or whatsoever. Until he said the last words "will you marry me"

My answer was , I slammed the door front of his face.

I looked at the peephole to see his reaction, he just stayed there for few moments, and got up, stared at the door, and walked off.

That was kinda harsh but I had to give my message across him because he was caught stalking me. :crazy:

You will have to ask my husband since I proposed to him.Your question was "How Were You Purposed Too?"

I can say that I proposed to him in the bed. :nana:
People kept saying, "YOU proposed??" What, what the hell is wrong with you? Have you ever heard of women's lib!? Plus, he was such a wuss. He was talking the talk but he ain't gonna walk the walk so I decided to drag him. ;-)

NowIHaveYouPic.jpg

downing said:
LOL... no I am still here. sorry I had to take care of things at home, after finding out my grandma is in the hospital.

Anyway....he asked me to move in with him in a townhouse that shared with other ppl. lightbulb went out in the bedroom, we were talking to his best friend who has ushers sydrome so we had to move into bathroom, chatted and chatted... it was on new years eve, trying to kill time before going to the bar.

my hubby got cold feet so he decided to propose me in the bathroom instead of the bar.. my respone was "in the bathroom??" he got embarrassed and laughed and he said "well why hell not?"

SATISFIED WITH HER ANSWER, MEGGIE!?!? :D

downing said:

sorry to hear about your gramma.. :hug:

Miss*Pinocchio said:

why do you snoop into other's business?? :thumbd: sheesh... it is obvious she didn't want to talk about his death... BE NICE/TACTFUL AND REALISTIC!!! sheesh...

downing said:
When I was dating my hubby, my ex had the guts to come over to my apartment, my roommate answered the door.

She said "Ummm, Kelli, the door is for ya" and I went, "who?", she said "well you know who"

I went over to the door with door wide open for everyone who was over at my place to have dinner with friends and roommates,,all of them, I mean ALL of them stopped eating and turned their heads to watch the door.

My ex was on his knee, crying, pleading and begging to marry him front of my future hubby. I just stood there, and nodding my head and don't give a crap what he pleaded or whatsoever. Until he said the last words "will you marry me"

My answer was , I slammed the door front of his face.

I looked at the peephole to see his reaction, he just stayed there for few moments, and got up, stared at the door, and walked off.

That was kinda harsh but I had to give my message across him because he was caught stalking me. :crazy:

some tough chick you are!! :thumb:
and you didn't break his nose!?!? :rofl:

aww thx! dunno how serious my gramma is in right now. waiting a word from her. sigh. heard she wont live more than six months. It would be hell for me to fly to texas with two boys in tow then drive up to Kansas since hubby can't go w me due to his dad having alz and needs all the help...ughh.

downing said:
aww thx! dunno how serious my gramma is in right now. waiting a word from her. sigh. heard she wont live more than six months. It would be hell for me to fly to texas with two boys in tow then drive up to Kansas since hubby can't go w me due to his dad having alz and needs all the help...ughh.

Oh no I am sorry to hear that Downing :(

By the way, thanks for giving us an answer :)

Miss*Pinocchio said:

Ms P, you know what? You're suppositions are just amaze me.

*smh*

No. I did not break his heart. For all intent and purposes, we were kids. It was the right thing for me not to get married at that time. If you read my post more carefully, you would see that I realized that rejecting his marriage proposal was the right thing to do. But, do I have regrets? Of course, I do. If you truly loved someone, you would too. As would anybody else. It's human nature to second guess one's actions, and to wonder what would've happened if a different choice had been made.

As for how he died, you're right. It's none of your business.

i got purposed few times... first time i asked my ex to marry me lol.

been with him for 7 years ...

then when i got pregnant... theres like 3 or 4 people asking me to marry them o.O its been a crazy year that time...

oh yea i cant forget one time while i was returning home from visiting my dad on bus... theres a guy who was in army and he asked me to marry him ... the funny thing is.. we never met till that day at bus lol. ofc i said no thanks its very flattering but no thanks.

Dennis... what you did to your gf to ask her for marriage is sooooo romance! i would love to have a guy doing that to me *sigh dreamly*

on Valentine's day 2000 in car he just gave me a gift, the black box there is the engagement ring, and we got married on July 3 2000

Back