How u feeling u will become first father or mother ?

twilkerson2006

Reaction score
How u feeling u will become frist father or mother ? I know that is hard for me b/c i I was used be to byself without frist child or baby in my shoe. What I find-out that my Gf told that she have baby right now. She told to me, " Do I have tell my family b/c I and u don't get married yet?" I told her that ,"u have to tell ur family that u have a baby, and I understand that is hard to tell to ur family." What you think I am right? Same things my family.

Hey buddy! Welcome to the serect lair (meaning small world) of Fatherhood! Trust me, your life is going to change BIG time! Hope for positive, and all I can say is be there for her. She will appreciate that, because nobody likes to deal with deadbeat dad. OFC, this can be scared Sh*tless. But look at this way, you have had your share of problems in the past, did it bother you today? Probably not, so you have this new problem and you MIGHT laugh at it in few years from now. I hope you have job or are now looking for a new job. Get your responsiblity in act and together. This shouldn't be hard, and I hope your gf can give you support. But give it back to her too.
I have been there, and having my ex gf getting preggy was the BEST thing happened to me EVEN though it scares me sh*tless back then. Not anymore, and I really don't mind having another one.
About your families, crack it open to them now or later is up to both of you and your girlfriend. It really depends on your family perspective. BUT I beg you NOT to get married just because of the baby!!! I REALLY DO beg you not to use your baby as an excuse. If you really love her, and that she is for you for rest of your life then go for it. But again, do NOT ever use baby as an excuse to cover up.

Congratulations!!! Welcome, again!

twilkerson2006 said:
How u feeling u will become frist father or mother ? I know that is hard for me b/c i I was used be to byself without frist child or baby in my shoe. What I find-out that my Gf told that she have baby right now. She told to me, " Do I have tell my family b/c I and u don't get married yet?" I told her that ,"u have to tell ur family that u have a baby, and I understand that is hard to tell to ur family." What you think I am right? Same things my family.

I know that married fathers have a easier time finding a job because you have more reason to come to work than a young single man does. I am a single guy myself and still looking for the right woman.

Congraulations and I would encourage you to get married with her. It is the only right thing to do. You got her pregnant. I am sure her father will want you to marry her. Have fun being a father to your wife and your new addition to the family. I am sure you are scared, of course and excitied to be a father.
:cheers: and breaks out the cigars !!!! :) :thumb:

oh man i cant wait to be a dad. i cant wait to teach my kids everything i know. teach them how to surf. that would be so awesome to surf with my kids and my wife, or gf.

you and your gf will have to tell them in time.. She's gonna be showing and they'll know she's gonna have a baby. So.. best to tell them the news soon. about getting married.. its not necessary but if you and gf are ready to get married, go get married.. ONLY FOR THE RIGHT REASON.. not for the baby..

When I first found out that I was pregnant, I was terrified. I was 21 at the time. Still a college student, no job, no home, etc. I also was in an abusive relationship at the time I was pregnant.

After I had the baby.. I was in cloud nine, I was in love with my baby and was very very thankful to have her into this world. I still am proud! It does change your life forever, you just have to change routines when your child gets here. Its fun to have kid/kids around. You'll get to take the child to disney world, travel and do fun things as a family. That's the fun part. There will be some difficult times you and your gf may have to go thru. Just be prepared!

for your info.. buy lots of diapers before you have the baby.. stack them up in the closet.. Don't wait til the baby's born.

Good Luck and Congratulations!

I probably be like the crazy momma in movie "Carrie".

I won't worry about getting marriage and info news to family.

My first thing would be concern about the health of the baby.

And if that baby has deformity, I will have abortion. Cause the world is so cruel and no job opportunity and college roommates issue. So I will have to end the child life.

If baby is healthy.... Then I will let it live and be curious how this normal child's life will be like and let her do all the things I missed out on. And do many school activities and help her go college, help pick out best college, read her astrology birth chart, buy her clothes, and help her pick good career.

And I won't be worrying about children picking on her or stuff.

I keep saying her, I might have a boy. :dunno:

Heath said:
I know that married fathers have a easier time finding a job because you have more reason to come to work than a young single man does. I am a single guy myself and still looking for the right woman.

Congraulations and I would encourage you to get married with her. It is the only right thing to do. You got her pregnant. I am sure her father will want you to marry her. Have fun being a father to your wife and your new addition to the family. I am sure you are scared, of course and excitied to be a father.
:cheers: and breaks out the cigars !!!! :) :thumb:

Heath -

It is none of us business telling him what to do. He just asked for opinion. Like your statement "I am sure you are scared, of course and excited to be a father...." - that is your opinion You cannot tell him that it is the right thing to do is to breed his family.

It's really up to the parents whether they want to have a baby or adoption. If you have some experiences being a father, you could give him some advises. That's all.

Congradulations. I know you'll be a wonderful father if you and your girlfriend decide to keep the baby. I bet you excited to see this wonderful bundle of joy so you gotta keep us updated on how everything is going. Congradulations and Good Luck

webexplorer said:
Heath -

It is none of us business telling him what to do. He just asked for opinion. Like your statement "I am sure you are scared, of course and excited to be a father...." - that is your opinion You cannot tell him that it is the right thing to do is to breed his family.

It's really up to the parents whether they want to have a baby or adoption. If you have some experiences being a father, you could give him some advises. That's all.

Heath is right. Marriage is a good idea.
If my mom and dad could get along and love each other and stay married, then I wouldn't be a confused person. I would learn from them what love is all about.

Just like my Aunt, she had child out of wedlock, and her daughter had child out of wedlock, daughter's daughter had child out of wedlock.... And daughter's daughter's daughter will repeat this sinful pattern.

So that is why you want your child to follow your good sample or else you'll reap what you sow.

webexplorer said:
Heath -

Excuse me , man !!! I am just saying what I see from experience. I never said anything about him breeding his family. He became a father, unexceptedly and I am sure he is going through a rough time and I told him to have faith, man ....I also did make sure to tell him I was a single and not a father yet.

I am an uncle to 10+ kids and I got a little glimpse of what I will have in store for me when I am a father myself, man !!! especially on the finanical situation.

Heath said:
Excuse me , man !!! I am just saying what I see from experience. I never said anything about him breeding his family. He became a father, unexceptedly and I am sure he is going through a rough time and I told him to have faith, man ....I also did make sure to tell him I was a single and not a father yet.

Here is your statement that says "You got her pregnant." It is not quite proper for you to say that because of your religious. Whatever it is not really that important for now. Most of your statements are all right which does not concern me. Feel better?

webexplorer said:
Here is your statement that says "You got her pregnant." It is not quite proper for you to say that because of your religious. Whatever it is not really that important for now. Most of your statements are all right which does not concern me. Feel better?

Yeah I am glad you cleared something up ... I still got to clear something up.

I never brought up religious matters in the thread that I made.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=447323&postcount=3

Back