how to set up a webcam on Pidgin??

Hmm.. Give it a bit till the purplecatty-man (pc-man!) comes back. Webcaming in linux is out of my area, as I have never done it before.. I can only provide assistance to your normal problems.

Hmm.. Give it a bit till the purplecatty-man (pc-man!) comes back. Webcaming in linux is out of my area, as I have never done it before.. I can only provide assistance to your normal problems.

okay thanks. I'll check back in the morning.. I'm getting tired and i need to go to bed for school tomorrow. I'm getting up at 6AM.. ughh..not my type of morning bloom.

I'll keep checking for any updates on this post.. Hopefully i can after school tomorrow because I have a lesson with my pit director at 4:30pm tomorrow. SO i'll do a quick reply tomorrow if i see any replies.

thanks again!!

okay thanks. I'll check back in the morning.. I'm getting tired and i need to go to bed for school tomorrow. I'm getting up at 6AM.. ughh..not my type of morning bloom.

I'll keep checking for any updates on this post.. Hopefully i can after school tomorrow because I have a lesson with my pit director at 4:30pm tomorrow. SO i'll do a quick reply tomorrow if i see any replies.

thanks again!!

:lol: I bet your brain is fried and need rest. So come back fresh tomorrow.

What version is Ubuntu? Just wondering. Cuz if you are using older version Ubuntu on old laptop, this could be the problem.

If you want to find out what version: find in System > About Ubuntu

Here's the version:
6.06 Dapper Drake
6.10 Edgy Eft
7.04 Feisty Fawn
7.10 Gusty Gibbon
8.10 Hardy Heron (currently in use)
9.10 (new version coming soon!, I think I have beta version of new Ubuntu but it says Hardy Heron while I have new wallpaper (look kinda like "lion" with mane roaring) and new addition. I downloaded Ubuntu Hardy and burn it to CD last week, struck me odd..)

So which one are you using??

Because older version Ubuntu do have issue with newer driver. So either have it updated or upgrade to newer Ubuntu version.

Sometime older version works well with old laptop while newer may have conflict or slow down performance on laptop. It's just the Kernel version.

Here's the method of automatic update:

System-->Administration-->Software Sources-->Updates

So if you use it, It'll update Ubuntu to current and fixes. Sure hope it'll fix the problem.

Catty

What's the error you are getting in kopete?

What's the error you are getting in kopete?

I am assuming that since she is trying to use Kopete, it's base on KDE. When using it on Gnome desktop, there must be some files needed to be installed in order to have Kopete working under Gnome. I did not have problem getting it working with additional file. It's been a long while since I've use KDE. I just google search 'kde applications running under Gnome" related search.

Catty

:lol: I bet your brain is fried and need rest. So come back fresh tomorrow.

What version is Ubuntu? Just wondering. Cuz if you are using older version Ubuntu on old laptop, this could be the problem.

If you want to find out what version: find in System > About Ubuntu

Here's the version:
6.06 Dapper Drake
6.10 Edgy Eft
7.04 Feisty Fawn
7.10 Gusty Gibbon
8.10 Hardy Heron (currently in use)
9.10 (new version coming soon!, I think I have beta version of new Ubuntu but it says Hardy Heron while I have new wallpaper (look kinda like "lion" with mane roaring) and new addition. I downloaded Ubuntu Hardy and burn it to CD last week, struck me odd..)

So which one are you using??

Because older version Ubuntu do have issue with newer driver. So either have it updated or upgrade to newer Ubuntu version.

Sometime older version works well with old laptop while newer may have conflict or slow down performance on laptop. It's just the Kernel version.

Here's the method of automatic update:

System-->Administration-->Software Sources-->Updates

So if you use it, It'll update Ubuntu to current and fixes. Sure hope it'll fix the problem.

Catty

Hey catty welcome back!! :D

I checked out my version of ubuntu. My dad purchased 8.10- Intrepid Ibex

Back