• 4 VRS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

radioman

Premium Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, how many different VRS are there? I am talking about now - the current ones as of march 2013. Can you name them all? Do you know the difference between certifed VRS's (not the terps) and the ones that are not?

I know of total of 5 Certified VRS providers

Sorenson
Purple
Convo
CAAGVRS
ZVRS

The rest is gone out of business already. Including SnapVRS, SprintVRS, ATTvrs and so on.

I know of total of 5 Certified VRS providers

Sorenson
Purple
Convo
CAAGVRS
ZVRS

The rest is gone out of business already. Including SnapVRS, SprintVRS, ATTvrs and so on.

I think about six certified VRS providers. Fedvrs?

Last edited:
Certified VRS should doing that long time ago. So, it wouldn't be out of control.

We used to have 52 different VRS providers!

Who triggered the downsizing of providers?

John Yeh! That was him! Shame on him, even worse he is Deaf! He is the only one that left a real hard and clear evidence of true intention (Hard document) that FBI found. Stupid of him using E mail, that was part of evidence. If it were not for that E mail, then John Yeh will not be likely found guilty on defraud FCC.

FCC knew about fraud going on years before bust John Yeh. FCC can not do anything until they find hard evidence. No proof? No new changes in laws. Once there is proof found, FCC grabs all opportunities they can to stop all of the future fraud. Also, many not realize that even though other providers had cheated, there was no evidence of true intention which is required to prosecute anyone. Many of them made mistake, for example they allow International to International VRS calls which FCC prohibits, and billing manager had no idea it was against FCC regulation and billed anyway. This does not consider as intention to defraud.

I don't think we will have VRS fraud anymore in future. Because getting certified as iTRS provider is very, very, very expensive... too expensive to cheat FCC. Ed Bossom, our true father of VRS just mentioned that it cost at least a million dollars just for the certification procedure alone. Do anyone really want to lose at least a million dollars to defraud FCC? I don't think so.

Yup we used to have that many VRS's. However - I still think that there are many deaf/hoh out there thinking that there are only one or two VRS available to them OR they are so brainwashed to the point where they feel no need to seek out the available features from each VRS's.

Does anyone know where I can find statistics, like how many deaf customers each VRS company have-Sorenson, ZVRS, Purple, Convo?

I know Sorenson probably has the largest pie of market share. So I am curious about how many customers each VRS have. :D

Back