How many of you went to MSSD? Model Secondary School for the Deaf?

Nope never went to MSSD- I wanted to but my parents wouldn't let me. I didn't get to DC until I attended Gallaudet :)
I wanted to go so bad. I cant even begin to tell you how bad I wanted to go. ALL my deaf friends went there.

I knew no deaf people or kids before I went to Gallaudet yet MSSD just called to me..."hmm there are people JUST LIKE ME who go there!" The fact that I lived in another state was the biggest reason why I didn't/couldn't go to MSSD.... PSD wasn't...the best at that time either (there's a story behind why I was never even placed in deaf schools...)

the reason why i didn't go was that they said I was not deaf enough. what a crock of crappola! I didn't live in that area either but lived close enough to take the train. I lived in VA and Washington DC was literally next door. My special ed class teacher even told me that I was not deaf enough. Since when it was a rule you HAD to be DEAF to go to MSSD? I had alot of my friends who went there that were hoh like me and they were able to go. This made me so mad but what can I do now? Nothing. If ONLY!

Back