How many of you shop at small businesses for everyday needs?

We aren't even allowed to plant little hanging gardens here because "it poses a safety hazard".

wwwwhhhhhhaaaaaaattttttttt? :confused:

or maybe your soil is not nutritious enough for your vegetables :dunno:

I bought the right kind of soil. I just do not have a green thumb. Gardening is a lot of work and I just don't have the time nor the patience for it.

You can grown some veggies in a big pot and that is easier to maintain . Tomatoes will grow fine in a big pot , I have grown lettuce too in a pot. If you like fresh herbs you could grow some right in your house.

Yea, I do that. I would love to grow everything instead of buying them at the store. I thought it would be easy but it is harder than I thought.

We aren't even allowed to plant little hanging gardens here because "it poses a safety hazard".

The problem may come from the "hanging" part with the fear that some will not secure them well and they fall on someone.

Yea, I do that. I would love to grow everything instead of buying them at the store. I thought it would be easy but it is harder than I thought.

<--------that girl=death to plants. I'm a plant murderer. I feel you shel

Tried to grow vegetables in my backyard. Very minimal success..I think it is because I don't have the time to maintain a garden. I really do not have a green thumb but I still keep trying every year.
The soil down here is almost clay. It's a mess. So when we were having our elm tree trimmed (I cut some of the roots because I kept mowing over them) and we had plants put under it, we had the guys plant two small beds for organic gardening. The first year was great. Last year was not. We keep plugging away and it is a lot of work. The farmers markets are likely cheaper and easier on our backs.

their eggs and meats are still a lot better than Walmart

eh - I ask same for any restaurant in this country. obviously.... I wouldn't eat at a restaurant that looks very shoddy and filthy. and yes I am aware that even a fancy clean restaurant would be very filthy in the backroom.

oic

Coney Island
:) I don't buy eggs from Walmart. I have my limits and there it's paper products and soups and candy filled with pesticides.

Coney Island!!!! Yeah!!!! That's where I got the original! In later years, they opened one up at Penn Station but Bloomberg made people start posting calories, so I stopped eating as many so (as with Reba), I could still fit in my old clothes.

Back