How many different ....

martyns

Reaction score
makers of equipment have you worn, and what has been the reason behind any change? Has it been more down to you or your audiologist? Have you seen or read about any particular equipment you want next time?

First one was Phonic ear (made by Phonak) it's box type hearing aids worn all the time, later got Phonak super fonts hearing aids (when it first released in the 80's) as it's compatible with the box as it works as "FM system". Used the superfonts as hearing aid for everyday thing and the box just for School. Had these until 11, the box was given to India.
At different school we used headphones in classrooms. I was 22 when i recieved first digital HA. Now using CI.

from 2 years old til i got CI at 30 I had no choice due to NHS.
With CI I had choice, I chose to have the OP, chose the device. I was in control of it and felt great.

So it's 2 by phonak, one by Widex, and Cochlear.

all of my hearing aids have been Phonak (what my parents or UW audie picked, then later on I researched the Phonak digitals and chose them myself, and the FM as well). Have used Comtek FM unit (grandparents bought me my own personal set), Phonak's FM system... am working on getting a cochlear implant and I'm going to choose Advanced Bionic's device. hmm.. yep that's me.

I have used Phonak picoforte hearing aids, then Oticon powerplus 425, and Phonak Superfront ( the Best and warmest sound with some power to it) and my new hearing aids are the Phonak Naida V ultrapower hearing aids ( powerful frequency transposing and digital). I also used a ComTek FM. I definatly like Phonak the best. I like the Naida the best, it is strong enough for severe to profound hearing loss without fizzing out when you need high gain.

Back