How hard to get Sorenson VP??

trojan.panther

Reaction score
I am hoh but I know some ASL to get by and finger spelling but currently in ASL classes. It says must be deaf or hard of hearing and use ASL to communicate. Does that mean ASL must be primary language?? I still speak orally but I am going back to my audiologist because I mispronouncing some words and my husband pointed it out. But I want to be fluent in ASL because of fears if my hearing loss increases. VP will allow me to connect with other deaf/hoh people and be a better part of the community.

Will Sorenson approve me?:hmm:

"know some ASL" may not be enough. You need know ASL better. Then you may would be on long listing to get Soreson videophone.

"know some ASL" may not be enough. You need know ASL better. Then you may would be on long listing to get Soreson videophone.

Not really. How would they know how proficient you are at Sign Language???

I am hoh but I know some ASL to get by and finger spelling but currently in ASL classes. It says must be deaf or hard of hearing and use ASL to communicate. Does that mean ASL must be primary language?? I still speak orally but I am going back to my audiologist because I mispronouncing some words and my husband pointed it out. But I want to be fluent in ASL because of fears if my hearing loss increases. VP will allow me to connect with other deaf/hoh people and be a better part of the community.

at that time when I received VP - I knew little ASL. no problem.

If I were you, I would rather contact directly with Sorenson instead, best is contact Sorenson Customer Information Resources or Technical support at 801-287-9403

DHB

Thank you, I am learning ASL so I can be more fluent and use it more and my husband knows a lot from his deaf employee. I will call and see if I need something to prove. I would like to get.

How long is the wait?

Easy... The Sorenson staff will come up at your and sign in ASL.

"Oh, you don't know ASL? Bye" :giggle:
Dang, didn't think of that. :lol:

Thank you, I am learning ASL so I can be more fluent and use it more and my husband knows a lot from his deaf employee. I will call and see if I need something to prove. I would like to get.

How long is the wait?

I waited one month for mine.

Back