How does webcam turn on for Stickam?

Bottesini

Old Deaf Ranter
Premium Member
Reaction score
In case of video chat at Stickam, I went to the site. It says turn on webcam before launching browser.

I can only find make a recording, on the webcam manager.

How do I just turn the webcam on?

I also did not yet get a password, but since I can't figure out the webcam, I guess no expectation that I will be there.:(

Maybe next time. One daughter and my son-in-law are IT professionals. I hope for a lesson next time I see one of them.

The chatroom is at 9:30 pm so we have a wee bit of time.

I know I don't look my best since I am battling bronchitis. I'm taking strong antibiotics so you can expect me to look green at the gills!

The chatroom is at 9:30 pm so we have a wee bit of time.

I know I don't look my best since I am battling bronchitis. I'm taking strong antibiotics so you can expect me to look green at the gills!

Don't worry, since I was very ill last winter, the left side of my face is partially paralyzed. It is a big leap of trust in my fellow ADers that I even want to be there.

Botts, do you have an external webcam mounted on your computer, si?

intergrated webcams are lazy webcams ever. I have one at home as well. These websites are supposed to detect the webcams from the computer itself, so I guess the website whatever it is you visited earlier didnt detect?

intergrated webcams are lazy webcams ever. I have one at home as well. These websites are supposed to detect the webcams from the computer itself, so I guess the website whatever it is you visited earlier didnt detect?

I don't think I did enough at the website for it to check. I think I am giving up tonight.
I don't think I got a password anyway, for the chat.

I now have another question.

My words and stuff are on a large setting because of my vision.

At the chat I could not move the screen to find the place to type.

How can I make it smaller so everything would be on screen for that chat?

(I also could not center myself in the camera to sign)

One problem, I have no access to that site at the moment, and to your centering camera question -- Move the laptop.

One problem, I have no access to that site at the moment, and to your centering camera question -- Move the laptop.

Ok I guess that was a dumb question. I will practice signing to the camera.

But the size thing, my daughter made the type very big because of my vision.

I need to know how to make it regular. All sites have to move around for me because it is so big, but stickam won't.

I know it would solve it if I knew how to make it regular size.

Ok I guess that was a dumb question. I will practice signing to the camera.

But the size thing, my daughter made the type very big because of my vision.

I need to know how to make it regular. All sites have to move around for me because it is so big, but stickam won't.

I know it would solve it if I knew how to make it regular size.

You mean the font sizes?

If so, go to View tab on the main menu --- and select text size, and then select your perferrence size. Hope this helps. About the viewing of the webcam, there is no option to have the viewer resized.

You mean the font sizes?

If so, go to View tab on the main menu --- and select text size, and then select your perferrence size. Hope this helps. About the viewing of the webcam, there is no option to have the viewer resized.

Thanks. I am sure that is what I need. I will make a note in case they do that kind of chat again.

I appreciate your help:)

Back