how do you feel about having a long-distance dating/relationship?

I met my husband online via an IRC chat channel called 'Deaf' on efnet. I lived in Santa Rosa, California and my husband lives in Scoresby (outside of Melbourne), Victoria, Australia (14,000kms away)
Andy came to visit with me for a month in February '98...then had to return to Australia as he had to go back to work and I had to stay behind and wait for my visa that'd allow me to enter Australia legally and get married legally.
It took 17 weeks before I was granted the prospective spouse visa...during that space of time, Andy and I wrote a letter to each others every week and every day an email or 2...called each others at least twice a week. :)
Now nearly 5 years later, we're still happily married. ;)

i am so happy for you,i wish i could get a girl like that

Long distance relationships are hell HARD! When you are in a LD, you never know if your partner is sleeping with another girl behind your back... that's from my recent experience...

sorry to hear what happened to you but everyone is not the same

My LD relationship is working out alright for me. We don't necessarily like being apart (He is in Ireland I am in Oregon) but with skype we're getting along alright until the paperwork for him to come here is approved :) We started well over a year ago, my mother knew him and then I got to know him. A few emails and then we started communicating with Skype. It's been great ever since :D

long distant will not work for me at all..... no women are worth my time if they are too far from my house....

Wirelessly posted

crossout said:
long distant will not work for me at all..... no women are worth my time if they are too far from my house....

Is that why you picked the username you got :giggle:

Long Distance relationships

i'm happy for you to have kevin. *thumb up* i'm sure you guys will be much happier getting together in the same place.

according to your question, let me tell you something. see, i've fell in love with someone really special. i have loved her very much, however, it is kind of hard for me to deal something with an international long distance thing. i have visited her in central europe twice this year. i know it costs me too " much to come up there again and again. she wishes to visit me here in the u.s., however, she won't be able to afford paying a flight ticket for the u.s. due to her financial difficulties. plus, she begged me to live with her in central europe. i would love to, but in the other way, i'm too scared to live there, because i know the deafies in europe are still struggling with their needs, financial thing, and so on...unlike the deafies in the u.s. i have seen them there already. it made me feel very pity and sad to see how hard and suffer they have been raised with their living. see, she could understand english well. i know some international sign language and study german language. so, i know it is still been very hard for her to see when i'm with someone else here locally. i just hate that feeling, because it's very mixed feelings for me to have an hearie girl locally and a deafie girl internationally. oh, boy. that's not really easy for me. :(

Oh sweetie, I feel for ya really I do But NO! not a good thing."you really love her?" and..."you have a hearie girl locally"....do you have sex with either of these girls? I am guessing no...I could be wrong I hope I am because that would make the entire thing worse. stop pretending...live a real life..my experience is long distance does not work...Midnight♥♥♥

laughing

Hmmmm, I am predicting you are in for a "dry spell" (grumbling) not worth yout time..laughing....Midnight♥♥♥

i am willing to give it a go. why not try something. u know the quoto, we have nothing to lose. until we experience it. i have one before but not as far as england to usa lol. the one i had got was lived up north. at times i missed her but when its time to meet her, it was great and bliss and alot to catch up, full of energy etc, its almost like there's good wisdom in long distance but doesnt mean should be done for life. but its good in some ways and usual its okay for beginning of the relationship and shouldnt be gone on for long, otherwise it could faint down.

Oh sweetie, I feel for ya really I do But NO! not a good thing."you really love her?" and..."you have a hearie girl locally"....do you have sex with either of these girls? I am guessing no...I could be wrong I hope I am because that would make the entire thing worse. stop pretending...live a real life..my experience is long distance does not work...Midnight♥♥♥

For future reference, might want to check on the time the original post was made - you responded to a post that was about 8 years old :lol:

Laughing

For future reference, might want to check on the time the original post was made - you responded to a post that was about 8 years old :lol:

Oh thanks for the heads up! laughing..I am recovering from a brain injury and there are alot of things I forget..laughing...I will make a note thenks..
and Peace to you..Midnight♥♥♥

Oh thanks for the heads up! laughing..I am recovering from a brain injury and there are alot of things I forget..laughing...I will make a note thenks..
and Peace to you..Midnight♥♥♥

Hah, no worries. Just didn't want you to be waiting for a response, it might be a while...

Back