How do I deal with my warth family?

No, ADers. I'm sorry for confusion, but what I try to say:

I'm NOT depressing, honestly, I am not. They don't control me, they are all do is yelling all the time that I don't want to listen.

I am frustating about little things made a minor accident WHICH is made a such BIG deal. I dont know why you assume me that I have my "depression" or being controlled. It's DIFFERENT. I meant, how do I deal with their warth emotion? That's point. They are just yelling at me when I made a small accident. Understand? I hope I make it clear. ^_^

A counselor may be help, yet I'm still not sure about about it...

My adpot parents were frantic freak control and yelling me everything. I decide to take counselor and asked why they are kept constantly frantic control or else.. includes yelling me.. I'm glad Counselor helped me through.. and tell my parent have to STOP and respect learn communication each together.. That's importance. Afterall, I have not see them ever since I Left from them because of abuse there!

You need that.. don't hide yourself and will come worst.

I advise that please.. go counselor help..

Been there where u are, because my family are the same with me. They yell at me, cuss at me, calls me names and look for a fight. Because Hearing parents with a deaf child or adults always have "misunderstood commuications". We would fights lot. I get tired of that lot too. Some of it I get the beating for it when I talk back to them or cuss them out. So now they know they can't hit me anymore since they know I can call the cops. But they still cuss at me and verbal abused me. So, the only thing I can do is walk away from them and moved out!

Now that I have a daughter of my own, they are trying to be a little bit nicer to me. But still my mother try to control over me and my child which I do not appricate. Since I have warned my family no more of this behavior and more fighting or I stop my visit and not let them see their grandchild. So they got a choice to back off to show a little bit respect. However, my brother living with me as my roommate and I plan to kick him out of my house since I gave him a fair warning no more cussing in front of my child and calling me rotten names. I get fed up with him being so lazy around the house. Pretty soon, I am kicking his ass very soon. So hopefully he will wake up.

Screaming is the verbal abuse.. so you are being abused by their screamings... go and get help... sooner or later you will be depressed... i did not realize i was in depression until three attempts of suicides...

Warth? Do you mean wroth or wrath?

Yeah, I do agree, get some help. They might give you some good advices.

Screaming is the verbal abuse.. so you are being abused by their screamings... go and get help... sooner or later you will be depressed... i did not realize i was in depression until three attempts of suicides...

Yeah she can get help, But will her folks get help? some hearing parents do not want to see or accpet that they don't want help. They just look the other way and not face what they doing is wrong. So, only way do get away is to move out. That the only way it will work.

Everyone is pretty much clear about the counselor thing. It might not help you right now but it will help you in the long run.

Have you been able to tell your family how you felt? If not, sometime a family mediator can help. They will be there to help and to "control" the situation with you and your family in the same room. That might be a help to get this resolved and perhaps your family might have not realized how they've been treating towards you. Sometime a wake up call is needed.

No, ADers. I'm sorry for confusion, but what I try to say:

I'm NOT depressing, honestly, I am not. They don't control me, they are all do is yelling all the time that I don't want to listen.

I am frustating about little things made a minor accident WHICH is made a such BIG deal. I dont know why you assume me that I have my "depression" or being controlled. It's DIFFERENT. I meant, how do I deal with their warth emotion? That's point. They are just yelling at me when I made a small accident. Understand? I hope I make it clear. ^_^

A counselor may be help, yet I'm still not sure about about it...

A counselor could also help you decide what the best way to handle this situation is, and help you come up with a plan to deal with it. Like the best way to let your family know how you feel, or what you should do when they start yelling at you without reason. Counselors don't just help with things like depression and mental illness. They help you learn ways to deal with everyday problems, too.

Everyone is pretty much clear about the counselor thing. It might not help you right now but it will help you in the long run.

Have you been able to tell your family how you felt? If not, sometime a family mediator can help. They will be there to help and to "control" the situation with you and your family in the same room. That might be a help to get this resolved and perhaps your family might have not realized how they've been treating towards you. Sometime a wake up call is needed.

:gpost:

A counselor could also help you decide what the best way to handle this situation is, and help you come up with a plan to deal with it. Like the best way to let your family know how you feel, or what you should do when they start yelling at you without reason. Counselors don't just help with things like depression and mental illness. They help you learn ways to deal with everyday problems, too.

Yes, I agree with you and Joile on that. It can help some people in the long run and other don't always want to get helped. It tough situation.:cool:

Next time if one of your parent start yelling, simple say "why are you yelling? I'm deaf" ;)

:ty:

Yes, I agree with you and Joile on that. It can help some people in the long run and other don't always want to get helped. It tough situation.:cool:

Yes, It is a tough situation and since when things are ever easy at all? It never is until help is needed. Some people would think "Nah I don't need the help. I'm fine" (that is also a stage for denial) but, little they don't realize that help is much needed until it becomes too late. When it becomes too late, that's when things really blows up.

I'm now seeking a conuslor but it's not this week, because I have a plan for this week. So, I'm doing with email to connect some consulors on next week.

I think, I'll try to face my family and to talk with them about how I feel about their screaming comments first... If it's not work, I'd better to do it now to find a conulsor.

Thank you for your supportive comments that I need. :grouphug: :ily:

PS- I'll keep update here, somehow.

:ty:

Yes, It is a tough situation and since when things are ever easy at all? It never is until help is needed. Some people would think "Nah I don't need the help. I'm fine" (that is also a stage for denial) but, little they don't realize that help is much needed until it becomes too late. When it becomes too late, that's when things really blows up.

yeah I totally agree with you there,,, So many hearing parents don't realized they hurting their deaf child and deaf adults, and other handicapped. I seen lot of time there always break down commuications is biggest issue. But I agree you 100%.:cool:

Back