Hooray! FCC Releases Television IP Captioning Rules

Right now I happen to noticed that now that CNN news finally starting the internet captioning. Yeeeaaay! I'm not sure about CC start right away when it first release the video, but for sure it will show up day later. Also, nice thing is that you can set CC configuration like set font to yellow, no background and such.
Yeah, finally! I just watched only two videos with CC but the rest don't have CC available yet.

Yeah, finally! I just watched only two videos with CC but the rest don't have CC available yet.

Yes, one thing that I noticed that anything that come from YouTube, they don't CC it. CNN only CC on their own news.

Do any of the new FCC regulations apply to videos within newspapers? I subscribe to both NY Times and Wall Street Journal and it seems that more and more of their news articles are in video format. I feel like I'm paying the full price, but receiving only half the product.

I'm glad to hear CNN now has captions. Will have to check them out. I wish PBS on the Internet did, but have not had any luck there. I don't understand why because most of the TV shows have them.

Do any of the new FCC regulations apply to videos within newspapers? I subscribe to both NY Times and Wall Street Journal and it seems that more and more of their news articles are in video format. I feel like I'm paying the full price, but receiving only half the product.

I'm glad to hear CNN now has captions. Will have to check them out. I wish PBS on the Internet did, but have not had any luck there. I don't understand why because most of the TV shows have them.
If you really want to watch PBS via internet and it has no CC, report it to FCC as long as its shows were captioned on TV.

As for newspapers' websites, if the video came from a TV news network and was closed-captioned, then it should include CC on internet. You can email FCC's rules to them to let them know. Hopefully, they will take care of it.

BTW, Foxnews.com shows video with CC, too.

Back