Homework Help Again, Hope that's okay.

LvASL24

Reaction score
Hi, it's Amy again. Thanks so much to the ones who responded to my previous thread. I picked out another interpreting scenario from my book. I need another deaf consumer's perspective, please. This one is for a religious setting.
Here is the example scenario:
" While you're interpreting a church sermon, the pastor looks over at you every time he says the phrase "If you don't resist the temptation of sin, you would surely be damned to hell, and you'll never enter the gates of heaven". The pastor, thinking he's pretty slick, starts signing the sign he thinks he figured out is the sign for "heaven". Unfortunately, he's got the wrong sign, and now he's standing at the pulpit signing "hell" every time he says "heaven".

The homework is due Monday, please respond soon.

Thanks so much; the responses are most appreciated.

:ty:

Most deaf church goers that I know go to a deaf church.

So it seems like an unlikely scenario. But if it happened to me, I would be so convulsed in laughter, I think he would figure out that he was a little off on his sign.

But I must say that the signs I know for "heaven" and "hell" would be a little hard to confuse.

If I was an interpreter, I would just tell the pastor the correct sign for heaven... Better than letting him look like a fool.

Thank you so much for your help, your effort is helping me to continue to get my sign language interpreting certifcate. Thanks Again.

LvASL24

Back