HOH- being caught in the middle

i def know what you mean by where do i fit in, i have always been in that middle place of not fitting in, i dont fit in with the hearing world, i am 27 but dont really socialize at all, they just dont get things, like no i dont go the movies, no i dont know what song is playing, no i cant do anything involving groups, water, loud noisy places, the list is endless. but then i dont fit in with the completely deaf world either, as i dont sign, i know very basics, but not enough and dont know anyone deaf or hoh, around me.

i def know what you mean by where do i fit in, i have always been in that middle place of not fitting in, i dont fit in with the hearing world, i am 27 but dont really socialize at all, they just dont get things, like no i dont go the movies, no i dont know what song is playing, no i cant do anything involving groups, water, loud noisy places, the list is endless. but then i dont fit in with the completely deaf world either, as i dont sign, i know very basics, but not enough and dont know anyone deaf or hoh, around me.

We have alot in common. Nice to communicate with you. :wave:

yes it seems we do have alot in common, its nice to know someone else goes through the same issues. :)

Hi terrifickmb;2241767

There's a social group for A social group for people in and around Brisbane, QLD who are Deaf/ Hard of Hearing. You may try it.

I havent been in that group because i live in Sydney..But i do would like to meet some people going through the same things than me.

To anyone with hearing aids, when I walk close to a wall where there is an electric outlet, my hearing aids will start buzzing/static, then when I walk away it's gone. Does anyone else have this problem?

Also wondering just how many people on here are hoh or deaf. Looks like alot of good hearing people here to chat.

Could your T-Coil be on?

Back