Hoboken NJ meetup? / Stevens College

shimo

Reaction score
I'd love to meet with some beginners or intermediate ASL students in Hoboken. I'm also trying to arrange a club on the Stevens campus for those who are interested in ASL (but the campus has such a small population that it's difficult to reach the right people)

I want to improve my fingerspell reading, have someone to practice with, learn and teach each other good ASL phrases...

Anyone want to meet up for lunch, coffee, and ASL on a Wednesday or Thursday? :wave:

You might want to get in touch with Alex or Jiro. Alex manages the Hoboken meetups, Jiro's familiar with the deaf culture in the area.

You might want to get in touch with Alex or Jiro. Alex manages the Hoboken meetups, Jiro's familiar with the deaf culture in the area.

Alex only deals with NYC-NJ DPHH. it's usually once a month or so.

I've seen the NYC meetup site before.
Unfortunately I have evening classes on weekdays so I can't expect to attend their meets which happen mostly in evenings. :(
On weekends I'm at home, which is hours away from NYC o_o

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Great Idea!

Hello,

I am new to the state and to ASL. I am very close to Hoboken. If you would like to meet up any time let me know! I am learning through a course at Bergen only a few weeks in but we can all learn together! :wave:

Hello all
I am newly becoming deaf (menieres disease) and am attempting to learn ASL. Would love to practice with anyone out there. I live in southern new jersey.

Last edited:
I really want to make this happen, but things have come up and I'm going to be very busy for the next two weeks :(

I was also thinking: Where would be a good place to meet?

Did you ever setup any type of meeting

I'm a graduate student at stevens, and I take asl in nyc. Just wondering if you ever got a meet going.

-Alex

Back