Hi!

rnmomma9

Reaction score
:wave:I am joining here to learn more about what I should do for my 2 year old daughter. My youngest MacKenzie had some complications during delivery and was born with a 105 db loss in her right ear and a 95 db loss in her left ear. She was fitted for aids at 9 months old and has been a faithful wearer since. We are approaching her third bday this year and Im looking for advice from those who have gone through this on which atmosphere would be most condusive for her to grow. Thanks so much and I look forward to getting to know you guys.

I can't believe I missed this post! First of all contact FSDB: Florida School for The Deaf & The Blind They may be able to give you info on local education programs. Maybe your daughter can go to FSDB in middle and high school...or at least attend summer camp at FSDB! Quite a few kids attend a regional dhh program for elementary, and then they decide to transfer to Deaf School for middle and high school.
Also: http://www.blossomschool.org/
Please check out the American Society For Deaf Children: American Society for Deaf Children - Home
and Florida Hands & Voices

Hi! I, too, have a 2 year old with similar numbers as yours. It's nice to meet you! Are you learning ASL?

Back