Hi :)

vanessa.mari22

Reaction score
:wave:
Hello! I recently saw this website on an ad at Facebook. I got so excited and decided to join immediately! I would love to learn from everyone in this community. I think ASL language is fascinating! What got me interested in the deaf culture (even though I am hearing) is my previous background with education. When I first taught in a public high school I encountered a such a vast diversity of students I was overwhelmed. I had a few special education students and as a teacher I wanted to be able to communicate effectively with all of them. I began taking ASL classes and reading books such as Deaf Culture among others regarding how to teach deaf students. This experience and my curiosity in the topic inspired me to continue graduate studies in education. I plan to do my thesis on the education of deaf students in Puerto Rico. Even though we are a Spanish speaking country, as colony from the US we use ASL. I would love to learn from all of you and practice my ASL skills. Thank you!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back