Hi

EmilAlexander

Reaction score
I'm Alex, 17 years old and from Finland. I am hearing but I've got some minor problems with speaking, and two of my cousins are HOH. They've taught me some very basic FSL(Finnish Sign Language), but I've also taken a short course on the subject at an adult education centre. I've been learning some basic ASL by myself for the past circa 6 months.

Next year I'll hopefully be applying to the UK and the USA to go to university and major in ASL or BSL :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Very interesting introduction. Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi there. Nice to meet you. Is it cold in Finland now?

^^ Not really, at least not yet. It will be though, in Jan and Feb. Not looking forward to that at all :S

Hi Alex,
nice to meet you!
FSL, just out of curiousity if you have website on hand which has a nice introduction to it?!
I'm curious :)
Cya around!

hi finland. i think it is cool we got someone like you here on AD. not too many Fins around here. USA is better that the UK for learning signs since you don't have to kiss up to the queen first

Ah, Finnish people, the language virtuosos of Europe. Finns are notorious for speaking excellent English with an American accent. I'm always impressed when I talk to one of you or read something written in English by a Finn.

Also, you guys have Signmark!!!! I'm so jealous. He's awesome; have you see him?

Oh, nice name by the way. ;)

FSL, just out of curiousity if you have website on hand which has a nice introduction to it?!

Suomalainen viittomakieli Finnish Sign Language should give you some basic information on FinSL in English :D It seems like quite an old site but all the info is still valid.

"TheWriteAlex: Also, you guys have Signmark!!!! I'm so jealous. He's awesome; have you see him?"
He's just fantastic :D:D Nope, I haven't seen him live :S He performs much more abroad than he does in Finland, and when he does come here his show are always in Helsinki which is an 8h train ride away from where I live :(

Back