Hi!

mrsburgett

Reaction score
I'm Megan. I am excited to be a member here!
I am HOH & learning to sign. Where I live there is not much educational support for people like me. I am partnering with my church to reach out to the deaf community.
My goal is to learn sign while reaching out in love of Christ to the deaf/HOH members of my community.
I have an outgoing personality & love making new friends. I look forward to the opportunities this site has to offer.

God Bless!
Meg

Hello. You should know religious discussion is not permitted here.

Forum rules

Although the administrators and moderators of AllDeaf.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of AllDeaf.com, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of AllDeaf.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Please direct me to where it states me talking about my personal faith is prohibited. I would not want to violate any rules. This is all I found on forum rules & it states nothing about prohibiting my active faith from being discussed. I will leave if i am not allowed to talk about who I am. It is just as much an active part of my life as breathing. I respect everyone & their beliefs. If my lifestyle is not permitted here I will find support & help elsewhere.
Thank you Bottesini

Last edited:
I will leave then. It is just as much an active part of my life as breathing. I respect everyone & their beliefs. If my lifestyle is not permitted here I will find support & help elsewhere.
Thank you Bottesini

Proselytizing is as active in your life as breathing??

Ok, then. :wave:

Please understand I am not attempting to convert anyone to anything. I respect every person's right to their beliefs. My faith in my personal life is as active as breathing. My best friend in this world, of 30 years, is a pagan. If she can accept me for my faith & I for hers I don't see the problem.
I came here for support & friendship. I will talk actively about my faith, it is a part of who I am. I am partnering with my church because as I stated before there are vertually no support schools or programs for someone like me. The church is offering a way for me to reach the other deaf/HOH members of our community. But, no one that I know of as a member of our church is deaf. The lady helping me is hearing & learned ASL on her own.
When I say I want to reach out with the love of Christ I literally mean I want to make good solid friendships with people. I want members of the deaf/HOH community to help me understand what is happening to me & support eachother on our journey.

Forum rules

Although the administrators and moderators of AllDeaf.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of AllDeaf.com, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of AllDeaf.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Please direct me to where it states me talking about my personal faith is prohibited. I would not want to violate any rules. This is all I found on forum rules & it states nothing about prohibiting my active faith from being discussed. I will leave if i am not allowed to talk about who I am. It is just as much an active part of my life as breathing. I respect everyone & their beliefs. If my lifestyle is not permitted here I will find support & help elsewhere.
Thank you Bottesini

Ok. I will report you to our administration, who can then explain it to you. :)

Forum rules

Thank you Bottesini

Oh, you'll make loads of friends here.

You might want to check this thread out. :)

Last edited:
I'm Megan. I am excited to be a member here!
I am HOH & learning to sign. Where I live there is not much educational support for people like me. I am partnering with my church to reach out to the deaf community.
My goal is to learn sign while reaching out in love of Christ to the deaf/HOH members of my community.
I have an outgoing personality & love making new friends. I look forward to the opportunities this site has to offer.

God Bless!
Meg

How old are you? Maybe a better idea might be to get involved with CURRENT ongoing ministries that are already there. There's quite a bit....Bill Rice Ranch - Deaf Camp
and Welcome to Harvest Deaf Ministries! - Copyright © 2013 as well as City Baptist Deaf School
There's also a plethora of Deaf Baptist Bible colleges......just passing on the info. Maybe you could go to a Bible college or to the Bill Rice camp!

Back