hi ya im new to this

MDandBR2010

Reaction score
Hello people I'm Michael and im very new to this site...anyways i'm in need of some help to understand the deaf world and the needs.. I have a girlfriend soon to be my fiance who is deaf but wears hearing aids she wants me to understand the deaf world see she had a cleft palate when she was born and consquently it lead to deafness her father had the same thing and she wants me to understand that maybe our children will inherit the deafness i mean i understand that her deafness will only get worse as she gets older. Its jus all new to me and i want to understand it more so can anyone please help me.. I love her to bits and want to be able to understand :wave:

Hello people I'm Michael and im very new to this site...anyways i'm in need of some help to understand the deaf world and the needs.. I have a girlfriend soon to be my fiance who is deaf but wears hearing aids she wants me to understand the deaf world see she had a cleft palate when she was born and consquently it lead to deafness her father had the same thing and she wants me to understand that maybe our children will inherit the deafness i mean i understand that her deafness will only get worse as she gets older. Its jus all new to me and i want to understand it more so can anyone please help me.. I love her to bits and want to be able to understand :wave:

Why come here? It would make a lot more sense to go out to your local deaf community with her, so you know what her deaf world is like.

If you want to know about different types of inherited deafness, I suggest you go to Gallaudet's website. They have a database on this. I am sure you will find it interesting.

I have a cleft plalate which I got from my dad :D
like your GF, I wear them 2 so welcome to AD!!!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Just browse around the forum and pick any topic you want to discuss or debate with us. See you around here. :wave:

Back