Hi There

Aldela

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am new. I am hard of hearing. Looking forward to meeting new people. Would like to share how to survive in a hearing work environment. Sometimes it's funny but it can be dangerous where I work. How do other people deal with not hearing what others are saying and laughing along with it.

:welcome: to AD! I have had many jobs working with hearing people only and it sucked! Now, I work in an all signing environment and I cant imagine going to back to working with all hearies only again. So hard cuz I can make a whole lot more than I am making now but I wont be happy. I chose happiness over money!

:welcome: Here! :wave: This place is great place to meet with other people from all over the place.

Enjoy your stay in AD and post anything to share with us!

:cheers:

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Have fun browsing and posting!

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Sometimes it sure isn't fun when others might be laughing and 'acting' like you're laughing right along with them even though you might not know what was being said. It doesn't hurt to confide with another fellow employee who can understand the range of your hearing loss and help you out with understanding not only what's being said, but also to know what is going on as well. Doing so, you may feel more secured knowing at least someone can relate to the difficulties you encounter in the work place. Bottom line, do something that you know will 'help' you and ensuring that the dangers in the work place can/will be less than what it may be now. Hope this bit of encouragement is something you're looking for and also, do enjoy your stay here in AD! :)

Have a great day! :wave:

~RR

Hi,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here :)

1.gif
to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

Back