Hi Praveen here pls anyone can help me!

dilfull

Reaction score
Hi I am Praveen from India. I am going to marry a gal who cant listen by birth. can anyone tell me How to talk with her, how to behave with her and Is there any cure for it. I dont know anything about this.

She's a human being just like you except that she can't hear. There's no cure. Does she know any sign language? And do you? If not, start learning sign language so you can easily communicate with her.

Be good to her.

Hi Praveen i think you should listen to DeafCaroline that she sent you she is right and i would say the same!! but yeah i know where to learn sign language?? well maybe it's a great ideas to find in your country but not too sure about it or then try find people on here that knows sign language that could help you out so start learning and be nice!!

have you guys talk online a lot? my friend who is a pakistan deaf lady talk a lot with a hearing pakistan over online for a year or so. Yes they both are in an arranage marriage. SO WHen he visited USA to meet her in person for the first time, it takes some time to talk, just treat her just same what hearing person is except deaf. So all you can do is to use your eyes to watch her hands, body language and write on pen and paper back and forth then teach you how to sign for words. I hope you and her do talk a lot online so you both can understand each other then in person. it takes a lot of patience and pay attention to each other by body language or lips.

HOWEVEr i do not know if your girl knows sign language? does she speak ? if she speaks only then keep your face looking into her face, just facing her face so she can see your lips.

patience is the key. good luck!

by the way, just accept her for who she is. if she has a difficult time speaking or lip reading. Just ask her if she is interested in learning sign language?? it's her decision, not you to make sure she feels comfortable with the idea of learning sign language. i think it is a good time for both of you to learn ASL or your country in sign language. It would be awesome to get to know each other by sign language. it sounds like fun to me.

She's a human being just like you except that she can't hear. There's no cure. Does she know any sign language? And do you? If not, start learning sign language so you can easily communicate with her.

Be good to her.

Yeah DeafCaroline, Sure i will be good to her I dont even know whether she likes me or not once i know that i let you know.

God has given me everything physically..... I don't have any problems. I want to make my life worth by doing something.
and also want to make her feel that even they are people who care for her other than her parents.

Last edited:
she is a born deaf..... why are you saying there is no cure for it ...... wat about cochlear implant and if it doesn't works then y can't we try meditation?

can anyone help me why this cochlear implant doesn't work for 22yrs gal? i tried in web but didn't able to get exact reason....

dilful,

maybe you can check the cochlear implant thread here and read everything from there so you may understand better about cochlear implant.

I dont have CI so i dont know what to give you some information.

I don't think you have any business looking up stuff on the CI which you'd like to have implanted in a woman you don't know from Eve and plan to marry.....

she is a born deaf..... why are you saying there is no cure for it ...... wat about cochlear implant and if it doesn't works then y can't we try meditation?

If meditation works, there'd be no people with hearing problems.

Have some common sense.

No i saw her picture and i only went forward to marry her i still don't know whether she likes me or not....

You've decided to marry her and yet you have no idea if she feels the same? That could be a bit awkward.

The best advice I can give you is to do a search for any resources your country has for the deaf/HoH. (not clear if you are still IN India.) Also, just talk to her (online.) Find out what HER resources are. It's not clear how long you have known her/how much you know about her.

Also, CI is not an option for every person with hearing loss.

Most importantly, talk to her about what SHE wants.

Good luck.
Jen M.

Back