Hi, my name is Ralph.

DeafRalph

Reaction score
Hi all! My name is Ralph who is from New Jersey. I am 28 yrs old and is deaf. I born deaf because I don't have enough hair inside my ears or something... It happens! No one in my family is deaf but me. I am confident in hearing world in my whole life and now I have been thinking about deaf people and it would be cool. I have met a few deaf people and have few deaf friends. I am thankful to have some talents instead being a hearing person or never know what I would be like if I am not deaf, who knows! Few stuff I am really good at... motocross! snowboard, surf, good with hands. A successful deaf girl who is professional motocross racer! AWESOME!! Little more left,, I am just easy going, you know? hanging out! One old deaf dude work at the movie theater with my mom and he is cool as hell! I want to be like him when I am old!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hello, Ralph. You also appeared to say that you are a "successful deaf girl....". Please clarify for me, thanks.

Hello, Ralph. You also appeared to say that you are a "successful deaf girl....". Please clarify for me, thanks.

Oppppsss! I am not a girl. :giggle: I kinda mess that up and made people confused right there. I am still getting better at writing sentences and english. I guess I just grew up learned how to sign english sign language instead writing and speak. I kinda had hard time with writing when younger and I skipped all that. Now I wish I was serious before but yeah I was smart enough in school though. I graduated class of 1999 regular school. no deaf nothing. SO that's great, huh? :P :hmm:

Anyway now I am going to explain

"Hello, Ralph. You also appeared to say that you are a "successful deaf girl....". Please clarify for me, thanks."

this correctly

I am saying I love motocross and there is a young deaf girl who is successful professional motocross racer and her name is Ashley Fiolek. Look up!

Hi all back, everyone have a nice life!

Ralph

Thanks, Ralph, for the clarification. Yes, I have heard of Ashley Filoek many times. Enjoy your stay here at AD!

Hi Ralph ,
I have nerve deafness too.
About “Nerve Deafness"
"Sensorineural hearing loss, also known as 'nerve deafness', typically occurs when part of the inner ear, the hair cells, are damaged or destroyed. Sensorineural hearing loss may have a variety of causes, such as heredity, aging, disease, infection, or loud noise.

Despite the term “nerve deafness,” the hearing nerve trunk is rarely damaged. Instead, damage most often occurs in the hair cells located in the cochlea, which serve to send information, in the form of electrical signals, to the hearing nerve. When hair cells are damaged, they are unable to send information to the hearing nerve and the person experiences hearing loss.

The degree of hearing loss depends on the number of hair cells that are damaged. If a significant number of hair cells are damaged, a person will experience severe or profound hearing loss, and hearing aids will not be able to help. In cases of severe-to-profound sensorineural hearing loss a cochlear implant may be medically indicated. "

I am also the only one in my family HOH . But I do not see the reason for my hearing lost in the article! Someone told my mom I am HOH as my mom went to the zoo when she was pregnant me and and went in the lion's den and she put her arms on her belly! Really!! Of course mom thought it was funny ,but the woman that told mom this really believed it!!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun browsing and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Welcome Ralph! I'm from southern New Jersey...
I am like in middle of new jersey or something. Ocean County. While ago I hear about deaf people go bowling together. That would be nice!!! its WARM today!!!! have a great day!

Thanks, Ralph, for the clarification. Yes, I have heard of Ashley Filoek many times. Enjoy your stay here at AD!

She has popped in here (AD) before. Posted a few post.

Welcome to AD Ralph. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Back