Hi i'm a hearing girl from British Columbia-- want to make a deaf friend (maybe more)

imaqt

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm learning ASL and I'd really like to make more friends in my area. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm learning ASL and I'd really like to make more friends who are deaf. I love the language and the culture. I'm keeping my eyes open for a guy who I might be able to start a relationship with.

Hi and welcome to AD. There's lotsa threads here connected to your various interests but this isn't a dating site, per se. Anyway, have fun going thru the topics.

Okay thanks tousi! Sorry didn't mean to use it like a dating site. I'm really just looking for friends in my area =) . I'm not clear on the conventions of the site yet

Welcome to AD. This is a good place to learn about deafca culture and make friends online. If you want to meet deaf men in your area, you may want to consider a deaf dating site. Have fun!

Last edited:
Welcome to AD. This is a good place to learn about death culture and make friends online. If you want to meet deaf men in your area, you may want to consider a deaf dating site. Have fun!

I have learned much about the bolded here. :scratch: :lol:

:lol: Took the words right out of my mouth, Botti. Wait till Sal gets a load of this; she'll never live it down! :lol:

I was so happy I managed to quote it before she noticed and corrected.:D

I've updated my post due to popular complaint haha. Sorry if I offended anyone! I'm interested in Deaf culture, not dating ! Just want to make friends :wave:

Souggy, do you know how large the deaf community in your area is?

I have been told there's 200-300 Deaf signers in the city. Most are elderly. Been told if I want to interact with people my own age, I should consider visiting Vancouver more often.

I have been told there's 200-300 Deaf signers in the city. Most are elderly. Been told if I want to interact with people my own age, I should consider visiting Vancouver more often.

No! Go to Toronto and join the TOAD. Mrs. Bucket has promised me honorary membership!:wave:

:lol: I can't guess whether or not you know the distances between these two cities.

Tousi, I am betting you think I don't. And you are correct. I probably better check Canadian geography.

But if my husband were not still working, I would beg him to move to Toronto, so I could become an actual physical member in the TOAD.

:lol:

Been to TO. Totally not my style.

West Coast represent! Beside... we could have another PNW AD meet... :hmm: Haven't met sequinoa in person yet.

Who or what are the TOADS?

:lol:

Been to TO. Totally not my style.

West Coast represent! Beside... we could have another PNW AD meet... :hmm: Haven't met sequinoa in person yet.

I don't know much about Canada. Yet.

Back