Hi - hearing parent deaf child

Ohh, WI is a great place. Have been there quite often.

Have you been to California? WE got plenty of turbochargers here. I own a car that runs turbocharged and supercharged, and it is in CALIFORNIA. :laugh2:

We tried a couple of different school placements. In a couple of weeks, our daughter will be starting at our state's School for the Deaf.

I hope that her placement there will be a good change for her. It sounds like you are close enough to the school for her to attend (or will she be boarding?) which is a great thing :). We are going to tour our local deaf school (Florida School for the Deaf and Blind- FSDB) tomorrow and talk to someone about admissions and requirements and so forth, I am hopeful that she will get in and can start soon. Deaf schools are definitely a great resource to have! Hope all goes well for your daughter at the school!!

Deafdyke,

Thanks for the link to ASDC. I'm amazed that I've never heard of it, but I'll definitely be checking it out.

WSD - YES! My daughter starts there in 10 days. EXCITED!!!!

YAY on both counts........and is she going to res it, or be a day student or what? I'm super excited for her....jealous too! I think WSD is one of those schools while it's not exactly strongly academic, it still has a strong sub population of academic/college bound kids. I remember a family from another board saying that they were going to enroll their kid in WSD b/c of how good it was.

I hope that her placement there will be a good change for her. It sounds like you are close enough to the school for her to attend (or will she be boarding?) which is a great thing :). We are going to tour our local deaf school (Florida School for the Deaf and Blind- FSDB) tomorrow and talk to someone about admissions and requirements and so forth, I am hopeful that she will get in and can start soon. Deaf schools are definitely a great resource to have! Hope all goes well for your daughter at the school!!

Jade that would be AMAZING and AWESOME!!!!!!!
Glad you're looking into it!! And it looks like we have a Deaf Schools fan.....they really can be an AMAZING resource in the lower school....and I'd suggest the same if this was a blind messageboard and there was a blind school nearby, or if this was a CP messageboard, and there was a United Cerebal Palsy nearby or a general special needs preschool/program.

Back