Hi from Vancouver Island, BC

Pollypan

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm a proud mother of an amazing young lady who has gone deaf within the past 12 months. We're adjusting to this new culture with the help of some great people. A small group of us are learning ASL from a deaf ASL instructor in a neighboring town and we are loving it.

I'm glad to be here.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Hi and welcome :)

Although my permenant address is in MB, I've spent quiet a bit of time on the Island (Victoria/Colwood/Langford areas)- where are you located ?

Hi Anij;

We're currently in Campbell River but since Little Girl has gone deaf and is in need of support and association we've decided to head south to the Nanaimo area this summer. They have a great deaf community there and she can get into some retraining, etc.

Hi Anij;

We're currently in Campbell River but since Little Girl has gone deaf and is in need of support and association we've decided to head south to the Nanaimo area this summer. They have a great deaf community there and she can get into some retraining, etc.

Welcome! How old is your little girl? That's great that you're opting to give her ASL etc.....

Hi All. I am a pediatric respite nurse and I work with a little guy who is deafblind. We (the family and some of the nurses) are learning ASL, also from a young lady in Nanaimo.

Back