Hi from Tennnessee! Excited to join the site :)

redyellowblue

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Courtney. I'm 17 and a senior in a public high school. I have about 85% hearing loss in both ears and wear one hearing aid. I'm so glad I came across this site, it seems awesome! I found it when searching for stuff for a blog I just started, I would be honored if some of you would like to check it out. It's about being hearing impaired and all that fun stuff! Anyway, looking forward to getting more involved :) thank you!

https://thesoundproofedgirl.wordpress.com/

welcome Courtney! I'm 18 and have moderate bilateral hearing loss. I love talking to people who are in the same boat as me agewise! this site is pretty great! enjoy!

welcome Courtney! I wear 2 hearing aids and I'm way much further than you are at the moment lol (see my signature here)

Hello redyellowblue! I took it upon myself to read one of your blog entries, you seem very mature for your age! Although I'm in my early 30s, what you write is not far from my hs experience. :) Welcome and feel free to post anything that interests you.

Hey Courtney! I'm also 17 and a senior in a public high school here in Texas! I have just read your blog:) I'm curious as to why you only wear one hearing aid? Also, do you use an interpreter at school?

Thanks guys! :D glad to be here. Yes I do use an interpreter at school, and a transcriber for some classes. When I was younger I stopped wearing my left hearing aid because I didnt like having BOTH my ears stick out! :P but then I also realized that I could pick up some types of sounds better without my hearing aid, and in combination with my right hearing aid, I could understand some things better. I also noticed that since i havent been wearing it, some hearing has actually kind of come back!

I appreciate your support on my blog!! :)

Back