Hi from Oregon

jollyrj

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Rachel. My story.. well, when I was a child, they figured me to be "slow" rather than doing the obvious, checking my hearing. Because of this, I did lose some of those earlier learning skills. Once they caught on though, I caught up with a vengeance. I'm completely deaf in my left ear (always have been) and now about 80% deaf in my right (wear HA). Slowly going deaf with no explanation other than "permanent nerve damage". Should explore more but sort of one of those things I avoid. I am divorced to a hearing man who had to really consider the idea of marrying a HOH woman.. silly that I was ok with that. :) Anyway, wanted to find a place where there are others that understand what I deal with on an everyday basis in a hearing world. All my friends are hearing and are super supportive but don't fully understand.

Hello, Rachel and welcome to AD. Your story is a familiar refrain so there's tons of topics here.....enjoy!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Just enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi Rachel! I'm from Oregon too! (my Intro post should be up soon).

I'm down in the Southern Willamette Valley area. :) Where are you at?

Back