hi from michigan

annemchamp

Reaction score
Hello

My name is Anne Champion and I have recently decided to get myself back into interpreting and taking the nationally certified test

If there are any interpreters or deaf people interested in helping me out. Please do. I can use all the help I can get

Also if any one has skype and would like to chat pleas let me know

Thanks

Anne

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Did you attend ASL class, like live class? If so, did you go into the University or college for interpreting class where you might have to go through four to five years of interpreting training program? After that you need to get certification paper to proof that you are certified ASL interpreter. Take time to think about where you are heading into.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

I don't know where you are in Michigan. However, I personally know few ASL students in person. I do go to some Deaf events in MI where there are more ASL students than deaf people themselves.

I've heard that LCC in Lansing was one of better schools for enrolling in interpreting program.

I also have some friends that take ASL classes at GRCC--Grand Rapids Community College.

I attended school at LCC and I graduated about 4 years ago. I have had to deal with personal problems which meant I couldn't totally focus my attention to interpreting and getting myself certified.

I would have gone and taken the MIchigan QA but during the year I graduated, they suspended all state testing. With the rules and regulations happening, I didn't want to become BEI certified and not know where and when I could interpret.

I know that taking the NIC after 4 years of not really doing much is a huge step, but I am going to try taking the Performance and INterview portion again and try to pass it, just need some help any way I can.

I attended school at LCC and I graduated about 4 years ago. I have had to deal with personal problems which meant I couldn't totally focus my attention to interpreting and getting myself certified.

I would have gone and taken the MIchigan QA but during the year I graduated, they suspended all state testing. With the rules and regulations happening, I didn't want to become BEI certified and not know where and when I could interpret.

I know that taking the NIC after 4 years of not really doing much is a huge step, but I am going to try taking the Performance and INterview portion again and try to pass it, just need some help any way I can.

There are a lot of ASL students that hang out at mall in Grandville every Tuesday. There are also plenty of Deaf events surrounding areas. I have contacts.

Back