Hi all new hearing aids phonak niada ups 50 ..

Vorsia

Reaction score
Hi I'm feeling much better after a long run of uncontrolled epilepsy , anyhow I just got new hearing that seem to work but the phone . Was a challenge and constant buzzing in hearing . And after she turned them on was able to hear the fan and everything I have had them over three weeks no feeling happy about my communication In loud noise in the room things like that . I told her I couldn't hear speech only back round noise . She turns it Down I had severe to profound hearing loss . That's what they program them for at the time . So got to go for another hearing test this time I tested profound but what bothers me is now . I'm at a point where no matter what I do I'm not going to hear speech in a loud room where people are talking . I had no testable speech perception but with O/N neuropathy in hearing I was was told my hearing will be in and out sometimes I can hear speech other times I can't hear a thing. Don't get me started with back round noise . Hearing aids are no help but at hknc the audiologist turned on tcoil there and she will program them for my profound loss .she doesn't want to turn them up to loud and damage any residual hearing I might have I can see about two inches from my face as my vision . Is stabilizing so I i can sign and try to read lip a close range when in loud I can sign ell try anyway sign what I need my kids still are slow to signing I try to talk on the phone . But it's a hit and miss type of thing on a good I try . But we are going to try the compilet in July when she reprogrammes my aids better done anyone have a O/N with hearing and use . A complet I also miss everyone and love you all .

I'm not like the hearing aids all the time and they do frustrate me a lot sometimes I'm happy with them I'm like wow I can hear . Yay but other times Im like these don't work they are new and I know I have to get used to them . But she told things will not be perfect I know it's just anoying .

Good to see you Vorsia . Nothing helpful to say but I hope you get used to the new aids soon.

Hey Bottesini how are I'm happy to be back yes smile I hope I will get used to its a lease it's better then before I can hear the cars now . When I'm working my guide dog that's the good part .

I have been using a Phonak Naida in my right ear for the last few months (totally deaf in my left ear and about to get it implanted anyway) and had a hard time getting used to it as well. It seems to work really great some days/environments and other times not so much. It can be exhausting having all that noise pumped into your brain. Now that I have been wearing it for a while and I understand its strengths and limitations it is more even, although I do play with the settings constantly.

I've read that other people love their compilot - I hate mine. I use it to watch tv and really nothing else and have never successfully used the lapel microphone. I was once so frustrated with the thing I threw it across the room like a small child throwing a toy while having a temper tantrum. But I suspect I'm in the minority's on this. Since I got it, I have noticed so many people wearing them just around town - they are clearly getting benefits from it that I am not.

However, my Naida works the best in really loud places. Take me to a loud bar or restaurant and it kicks into what I describe as workhorse mode shutting out all the background noise and pumping up the voices within a few feet from me. I can't talk on the phone to save my life, but I can be the bell of the ball at a dive bar.

I hope you do well with your Naida. I have severe to profound hearing loss as well and no matter how much noise I pump in, I will never receive enough information, but I don't feel like I'm totally cut off when I wear the HA. Good luck

Yeah same here I'm acually profound loss now so she will reprogram them in a month or so I need something tweaked ..I hope I get used to them too !

:wave: Hi good to see you back ! I know what you mean about having a hard time understanding people with a lot of background noises , I have a very hard time too. And talking on the phone has gotten harder for me as my lost more hearing and my speech recognition has gotten worst too. If a person has an accent on the phone , I really have a hard time.

I always have a hard time getting use to new HA . I am turning mine down more than up when I go out shopping , it's too much sounds happening at once. UHG!

Oh yeah me to its to much I know I'm profound loss but I don't really want to hear all that I do want to hear things I need to. Like the cars but I don't hear people behind me I can't hear the bus driver and things when they talk to me .. So yeah I will get it together soon I just need some time . Well anyhow how ya been whatdidyousay ?

Back