Hi all! Everything you need to know about me, please ask!

Ha, you got me!

Anyway.. i guess i stop ask by joke.. so i m takin a serious cuz of someone mental..

Ha, I see. It was a joke!!! Ha. Ok, ha. No, I dont smell anything around here and cant smell over there since this is a computer!!!! Hee hee!

So, r u open mind? Open minded? Depends on what you asked. Generally, I am a stubborn person in a way such as politically, and faith in God as well as marriage. However, open minded to communicate with mi esposa (my wife) so we can communicate. If I do not open my mind at all like I was in the past, that is how I stayed single too long! This is one example of many reasons.

u like sense of humor? Of course! I like sense of humor! Gotta have that since it is a good medicine. Also sense of humor to help me stay positive, happy, and the like. I have to and its helpful for me to forget something I do not like.

what do u like about alldeaf?
This is the only true connection I have with the Deaf Community other than in my hometown. What can I say... you see, I feel I can talk with other deaf people here than those jerks in my hometown whom I grew up with. Lets just say they are losers in my town who picked on me and all. I had to bury my past and move on.

Now I get it! Thanks Ghsh. I read the next one what she said and it was all a joke.

Excuse me, She think that I was mad. I was laughing at her that she said chill out.

anyway,

What state is your favorite?

What food is your favorite?

What food you dislike?

How did you meet your wife?

Do you have children? Or planning have children?

So.. what is ur worst fear?
got pet? if say yea what pet u got?
what kind do u like who pplz cheer u up from sense of humor?

what ur favorite movies and tv show?

Yes, I am a writer. I wrote a book and it was a local published. I have copies available for purchase if you like. I wrote "Cory's Guide: How to Find Your Mate The Lord's Way." I wrote three other books but I am editing now prior sending to a publisher to have it published.

I also wrote another book but really, I was one of two artists who drew Central American Sign Language books. The other guy is from Costa Rica. The book has biligual--English and Spanish so that both Central Americans and North Americans can understand in both languages.

the signs book was published in 1999 and the Cory's Guide in 2000. The Cory's Guide book did not sell well though. Oh well!

Wow, that's great, I would love to buy a copy of your book, hold onto that until after my wedding :giggle: Roadrunner is also a writer, he's in the middle of writing a book also..

I'm curious, are you Christian?....

Do you have a picture of yourself and your lovely wife to show us?....

Excuse me, She think that I was mad. I was laughing at her that she said chill out.

Oh don't worry about her. This is a new day and that was an old joke already. Just forget about it.

anyway,

What state is your favorite? I can not really say. I think Florida is my favorite state. What about your favorite state?

What food is your favorite? Italian, Spanish, Chinese, seafood. I make great pasta and pizza. Reason? Italian American! Hee hee! Your favorite?

What food you dislike? Mushroom, soups

How did you meet your wife? I met Tara at a singles dance. I was a regular for years at singles dances and I was a volunteer there as well helping my friend who owned a dating service and singles dance by setting up her dances, admissions, and welcoming new visitors. Well, I came up to Tara and her sister to welcome and make them feel comfortable there like I did with other people. The people there are much older than I am--mostly older 40s, 50s, and older. I met my wife when I was 39. Anyway, I talked with her and she was very friendly to me than any of the women there when I met others through the years. I felt she was different since we talked more than I did with others but also when I had to take care of admission for one hour (a few volunteers take turn each hour), Tara came up to me. Other women never did. Then that is how it happened. She is hearing but knows ASL--a bit but needs to use it more often since I lost more hearing AFTER we met.

Do you have children? Or planning have children?Ummm, no children and will not have children since when I met Tara, she was 44 years old--a week before her 45th birthday. Now she is going to be 48 in late April. She already has 2 children that are grown. She was previously married and widowed in year 2000. In the past, for 20 years, I planned to have kids but was looking for right woman but unfortunately, I could not find the one I wanted to marry to so I had to be open minded and marry someone who is done with children since love is greater than being limited mind on choice.

What about you? Do you have children? Married? If so, how did you meet your mate?

Your answers!

So.. what is ur worst fear? Going to be embarrassed about my sins revealed in Heaven before God and going to hell. I am not perfect but I love my God, my Lord and Saviour. What about your worst fear?
got pet? if say yea what pet u got? Yeah! We have one dog--a Carin Terrier named Luna and one cat, I still don't what breed, named Boose. You have any pets?
what kind do u like who pplz cheer u up from sense of humor? What kind of sense of humor? What I can say is I do not like dirty humor, SNL (Saturday Night Live) crap, humor that does not make any sense like Budwiser tv commercials, and I do not like insulting humors. I like clean daily sense of humor. For example--someone may have goofed up something or act funny. I love the old Peter Sellers/Pink Panther movies, Jackie Chan movies, Rush Hour movies, funny voices like Chris Tucker in Rush Hour and another movie starring Bruce Willis. Those kind of comedy I like. I also like someone to be funny and loosed up like if he is about to speak or have a speech. Comfortable sense of humor. What kind of humor do you like?

what ur favorite movies and tv show?
I have many favorites! Jackie Chan movies, all Pink Panther movies except for Steve Martin's version. I hate remakes. Star Wars movies, Star Trek movies, James Bond movies, Jean Claude Van Damme movies, Steven Seagal movies, martial arts movies, Comedy movies, action and adventure movies, etc.

For TV, my favorite of all time is Night Heat. NOT "In the Heat of the Night"--this is different series. Night Heat was a popular Canadian TV series back in the 80s, shown in the US. Starring Scott Hylands and Jeff Wincott and Alan Royal. Other shows I like are Law and Order, SVU, LOST, Criminal Minds, Numbers, Dead Zone, Monk, and of course, Pysch. What about your favorite movies and shows?

Sure on both!

Wow, that's great, I would love to buy a copy of your book, hold onto that until after my wedding :giggle: Roadrunner is also a writer, he's in the middle of writing a book also..

Sure! Please remind me when you want to order, email me then I will give you my address for you to mail me a check. Including shipping, cost 10 dollars.

I'm curious, are you Christian?.... Of course I am Born Again Christian! Are you? :) Why do you think I mentioned about God here or there in this website and the book name is "Cory's Guide: How to Find Your Mate the Lord's Way."

Do you have a picture of yourself and your lovely wife to show us?....
Sure! I will be happy to show you and I hope it can download on this website so you can see us! OK? :)

How long have you been into designing and art?
When was your most successful design/art take place and for what/who?
What type of designs is your favorite?

~RR

Your answers!!!!

How long have you been into designing and art? I began when I was young. Real young! You see, before I started to draw, my father asked me for his opinion where we should cut the cowl of our 1970 Ariens Arrow snowmobile. That snowmobile did not have a real vent on the cowl. It was common of its day of the 60s snowmobiles have no vents. Because of this, the engine overheated often. I told my father to put it between the headlights since it featured like a face on the cowl. That began my interest in designing. My first design was in 1972 during summer and it was 3 snowmobiles plus a theme park I designed. It was so since that year my father was buying another snowmobile to replace the old 69 Fox Trac Special snowmobile with 1973 Arctic Cat Panther, and for us, 1973 Kitty Cat snowmobile. I was 9 years old at the time. The theme park design was because of family trip to Disney World. First of 5 trips during the 70s. I struck with art and design ever since!

When was your most successful design/art take place and for what/who? My most successful was the 1620 Burnet Ave Building. It houses a video and photography studio. I designed the exterior of the building to stand out to the drivers along the highway going into the city. It was a back door connection to get this project. It has grey and blue trim to stand out to attract customers.

My other successful project was more of design research but this company designed based on my response. It is a snowmobile company called Arctic Cat. I would say more of indirect approch since I was researching for a design and people told me about what they want and most mentioned Arctic Cat. They wanted the Z name return and the hammerhead cowl design so I contacted them in 1985. Thus, A-Cat designed and brought out slowly with the Z graphics on their WildCat model in late 80s, then introduced the short lived Prowler model. The Prowler had the hammerhead cowl design that brought much of the 90s basic design on rest of the line-up. The Z name returned in the 90s. The Z name was a racing model during the mid-70s and the hammerhead was based on the leaf suspension Sno-Pro Racing machines of 1976 and 77.

What type of designs is your favorite? Depends on what you are asking. For home, I like mid-century modernism, Googie designs. For snowmobiles, I like many designs. No favorites. For cars, again, many of them, however, I like retro-modernism such as the New Beetle, Mustang, the upcoming Camero and Challenger (seen them in person after I was one of many designers complained about the new Dodge Chargers with FOUR doors!?) Dodge heard that and GM took note too so again, indirect influenced them to come out with those models. Boats, they all look alike, don't they? RVs, Airstream. For ATCs/ATVs, Arctic Cat!!! Ha. I noticed with my design, I am usually ahead of my time and sort of a design prophect. Ha.

~RR
:)

What about you? Do you have children? Married? If so, how did you meet your mate?

Thank you for answer my questions. My favorite state is Calforina (San Diego).

My favorite food is mash pototoes.

I am married. I am deaf and My husband is hearing. We met each other at Zions National Bank. We both worked there. Yes We have a son. My husband have his 3 grown up kids from his old marriage. My son is only 9 years old.

The answers you've supplied is really interesting and it's neat for what you've done. Kudos to you-- :thumb:

Also, nice pix too. ;)

Given a choice...would you prefer to travel to places in the U.S.A. or travel locally, within your state?

Have you ever received awards or plaques for your work?

~RR
(also, I do want to point out that when another member mentioned about your thread being somewhere else, it was moved to the 'appropriate forum' {under the appropriate category-heading}...hope that clears it up for you-- ;) )

The answers you've supplied is really interesting and it's neat for what you've done. Kudos to you-- :thumb:

Thanks! Yesterday, I got a new assignment possiblity is to design and autocad drafting buildings for a Christian campgrounds in Upstate NY. Another great project to do! I pray I get the project

Also, nice pix too. ;)

Thanks! It was a wonderful wedding in the evening as you can see it is night time. Beautiful weather that day after much rain for over a week up to the day prior to the wedding.

Given a choice...would you prefer to travel to places in the U.S.A. or travel locally, within your state?

I like to travel locally, nationally, and internationally. All the "--ly" LOL! Been to Canada, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Belize, Panama, and Guatemala. Been to most states on Eastern Seaboard except for Maine and did not stay to visit NC, SC, DE, and Maryland. Also visited Michigan (business), and California.

Have you ever received awards or plaques for your work?

I have been awarded for the best display design at a singles trade show in 2003. Visitors who attended the show voted and I was the best. Cant tell you how! Hee hee.

I am awarded also for Professional status from ADDA--American Drafting Design Association.

~RR
(also, I do want to point out that when another member mentioned about your thread being somewhere else, it was moved to the 'appropriate forum' {under the appropriate category-heading}...hope that clears it up for you-- ;) )

Oh come on! No wonder it was missing from the list in General Chat! I feel this should belong in general chat. Now people may not notice this as much as it was in general chat. Thanks man. I noticed but I thought it fell below the list since other topics are hot topics.

Thanks!!

Ah I see it now, your wife is beautiful! and cute couple too....

Thanks

A BIG THANKS! I will tell Tara what you said. That will put her a big smile! Now your turn! I saw slides but it goes by quick. However, please post your wedding pix when you both get married so we all can see! OK? Thanks!

Now, about my faith, are you a Christian?

Hello! I am new to this so I can use all the help I can get. I am 37 and have become deaf in the last year. I don't know any deaf people in my area and want to talk to some who are around my age and are deaf. I am a Christian and happily married so please only people who want to become friends reply. I amhaving trouble adjusting to my new world and my children are suffering because we are hving so myuch trouble communicating. My youngest daughter who is 4 is hoh and is supposed to wear hearing aids but, I can't get her to. again any words of wisdom and advice as to where I can get help...like learning sign language at my age and for my family. Thanks!

Hello! I am new to this so I can use all the help I can get. I am 37 and have become deaf in the last year. I don't know any deaf people in my area and want to talk to some who are around my age and are deaf. I am a Christian and happily married so please only people who want to become friends reply. I amhaving trouble adjusting to my new world and my children are suffering because we are hving so myuch trouble communicating. My youngest daughter who is 4 is hoh and is supposed to wear hearing aids but, I can't get her to. again any words of wisdom and advice as to where I can get help...like learning sign language at my age and for my family. Thanks!
Sorry you lost your hearing. You can look up in your phone book in the yellow pages for "Deaf" Or "Hearing Impaired." You can go from there by finding associations for deaf, HI, HOH, etc. They can tell you where they meet, or whatever.

Also try deaf coffee houses. I know in my hometown there is one. I used to have one but no one came. That is why I usually do not go to theirs. Never mind about me. You can look up by typing online for Deaf Coffeehouses. Try that. You found this website. That is a start. Ask around on here for deaf people living in your homestate. I think I see you live in KY, I think.

That means Bible Belt. There are many deaf churches and ministries. Again, check online by typing,"deaf churches, ky." There is another way, go to Deaf evangelism and fellowship ministry and then click deaf link and you will find many ministries and organizations serving Deaf population. D.E.A.F., Inc. of Cicero, NY is a local organization.

I hope that is helpful, buddy. I am married and age 42 as well.

Back