HEY.....whats up

shejnat

Reaction score
well, I am from Massachusetts, which I love!!! I am not deaf or HOH, BUT let me explain. when I was very young my aunt taught me how to sign the ABC's. It truly paid off for me!! when I was 15 I was in a serious car accident, I was on every machine possible keep me alive. somehow when I was strapped down into bed, if I heard my aunt voice, I started to sign D-R-I-N-K...not that I could have one but that was the very first sign that I did to tell my family and doctors that I was not brain damaged or anything like that. now skip over several years, I am in college now. One of my first classes I was in i met one of my new best friends, (I am a super social person) in the start of class we sat down next to each other not realizing she could not hear me I was talking away. then I saw an interpreter start to sign (OMG did i feel like a dumb ass) so on break i tap her say "what’s up" tell her my name, and apologize because at the time all i knew was simple words like boy, girl mom, dad, sit, ABC's......more. she said that’s fine, weeks go on we are still talking about this and that, so I tell her my story and how knowing sign helped me out. also in that moment I remembered that I knew how to sign twinkle little star and i used to sign it all the time when I worked on school bus, she said okay show me. before you know it she starts laughing at me so much I thought she was going to fall down. I didn’t understand why until she told me that does not mean diamond that means vagina...I said OMG!!! (I felt bad because here I am signing to children on the bus, I called my old boss and told them the story ,right away! but the kids loved me on the bus so I guess it wasn't too bad) anyways know how much sign language has helped me out in the past and meeting my best friend now, and signing the song wrong, has inspired me to major in sign language. so right now i am majoring in sign language and Registered nurse. I am extremely happy with everything that it has pushed me in this direction, thanks to my best friend Jess with all her support and inspiration!!! and that my story :P

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Just enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

lol too cute! That's awesome...I am taking ASL and am in nursing as well:) but I am deaf not hearing lol

AliciaM.........I Love it!!!! "Ears are cheap. It's what's between the ears that counts".....thats awsome....Good luck with school....asl and nursing are the best combination. I love ASL!!!:cool2:

I warn class mates about that when I see them do that hungry/horney...but I cant help to laugh.

Back