Hey There and Howdy!

fulminty

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm Adam. I've had hearing aids since I was six, when after multiple hearing tests, the audiologists finally diagnosed me with the hearing loss that my parents suspected I had. It has always been described as a 50% bilateral loss to me, though that's the simple picture. My most recent test shows that my left ear has deteriorated considerably since.

I had the first pair until freshman year of college, when one of them decided to kick the bucket. Thankfully, my alma mater has a great audiology program, so they hooked me up with an awesome loaner pair until I got back home to get a pair through VR.

I'm 28 now, and about to make my first hearing aid purchase myself. I work as a manager in Purgatory, and our insurance is covering hearing aids for the first time this year! So I'm looking into getting an awesome pair to replace the clunkers that I've been wanting to ditch for years.

welcome to AD, I too had a 50% bilateral loss just like you ;)
some of us has hearing aids that has SWAG lol

Hey there- i'm deaf and 28 too! I have a CI though. Its helped a lot. I hope you find what you're looking for. :)

Sarfarigirl2011

Im 24 and I have sever hearing loss in my right and moderate to sever in my left at high freq. I am going to the VR to get my hearing aids or there is a program called hear now that will give you free top of the line aids you quilify. I cant wait to hear at least almost normal again. Im a big music fan and I play viola and cello.

omg sweetkisses, we're totally the same!!!!! and cool, I'm a music fan too hence the reason I have a cute little streamer :D

Sarfarigirl2011 said:
omg sweetkisses, we're totally the same!!!!! and cool, I'm a music fan too hence the reason I have a cute little streamer

do u have a kik if so find me sweet_kisses89 Smith

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

I do have a kik! I just gotta reinstall it on my tablet sometime and then I'll find you!! :D

Back