hey! im new here...and so excited :D

emy

Reaction score
hey...so i guess i totally did this in the wrong order but my name is emy and im not really sure what im supposta say about my self and what not but im thinking about maybe looking into being an interpriter someday... but yeah hi all :)

hey...so i guess i totally did this in the wrong order but my name is emy and im not really sure what im supposta say about my self and what not but im thinking about maybe looking into being an interpriter someday... but yeah hi all :)

College has obviously resumed. Hi there. :wave:

hi :) so i dont really know what to say to introduce my self...any thing you want to know

Hey emy, my name is Cyle and im NEW also! I would love to get to know u and Chat! I am also in the ITP program at my college!

How old are you?

Why do you want to interpret?

Do you know interpreters have to be really good spellers?

What do you think is so great about deaf people that you want to spend your life with us?

Also do you know not the trust strange boys you just met on the internet?

How old are you?

Why do you want to interpret?

Do you know interpreters have to be really good spellers?

What do you think is so great about deaf people that you want to spend your life with us?

Also do you know not the trust strange boys you just met on the internet?

Bott ur killin me, lol.....Emy u can trust me of course! HEHE

im 18 years old.
i dont really know why i want to ASL has alway just kind of interested me.
yes i know they need to spell amazingly and when im signing i can...typing just messes me up.
i think deaf people have an amazing culture and have the most beautiful language on the planet. and i have an easier time with words signing than speaking.

oh hey cyle! well im still in high school actually im just trying to decide what i want to do ya know?

im 18 years old.
i dont really know why i want to ASL has alway just kind of interested me.
yes i know they need to spell amazingly and when im signing i can...typing just messes me up.
i think deaf people have an amazing culture and have the most beautiful language on the planet. and i have an easier time with words signing than speaking.

oh hey cyle! well im still in high school actually im just trying to decide what i want to do ya know?

Oh yeah i know exactly what you mean! I have went down many avenues b4 finding ASL....as if it had been hiding! hehe.....but i found ASL and literally Fell in Love! lol

how did you find asl?

i have wanted to learn from the time i was little because i was a gringos playing and i wanted to play with this other girl and she was deaf and i didnt understand why she didnt understand me till her sister found us...i think i was like 4 or 5...i was so confused.

Well i actually took ASL 1 just to take it.... but then i was like wow i love it! I learn something NEW everyday! I have started going to Deaf events around my city and have made some connections with a few people but i feel like i really need to submerge myself into the Cuture! But on the other hand i cant just walk and be like Hi my name is cyle u wanna be friends???

I dunno i guess whatever u want to tell me! lol i mean im just kinda looking for new friends!

uhhhh....um....i dont like milk? lol besides the point...but question have you ever had a hearing asl teacher?

uhhhh....um....i dont like milk? lol besides the point...but question have you ever had a hearing asl teacher?

I go to Mott Community College and i am in the ITP program! Now all of my teachers are Deaf and they believe in "immursion" classrooms.... Meaning there is NO talking in any of the classrooms! and that means B4, during and after class! Now to your question, YES, i have had a Hearing Teacher.... as a matter of fact i had her for ASL 2, 3, and i will have her next semester for Prossesing Skills Developement!

i just seem to learn so much more from my deaf teachers ya know?

i just seem to learn so much more from my deaf teachers ya know?

Yeah i know what ya mean but Jenn (which is the name of my hearing teacher) she is good and has been fluent for like 15 years... and she also used to be a very qualified interpreter!

yeah i went from a learning from a teacher that has been deaf sense birth to ah ...lets see more recent interpreter...like dont get me wrong she is amazing its just so different

Right i know what u mean! So idk if i have this wrong, but are u currently taking ASL classes? What level are you considered?

Back