hey i would love to learn anthing and everythin

rpipkin95

Reaction score
Hi I’m Rachel, I’m hearing, but I’m interested in learning ASL. I know a little ASL from the sign language club at my school. We only have club for 30 minutes once a week, we started twice a week during our off period, but we got cut down to only once a week because of other clubs needing our space. The first time I went I did not really mean to go into that room but was not aloud to leave, so I had to stay for the first meeting but I automatically fell in love with the language, and am now interested in becoming an interrupter, and becoming involved in the Deaf Community. I live in San Angelo Texas and we do not have formal ASL classes, in the high school or the jr. collage, so there is no way for me to learn ASL than online, so if there is any sites or books that you think would be helpful I would love to know about them. I’m super excited about getting to meet new people, and if anyone is willing to help me learn anyway I would love, love, love to know about it. Well thanks ya’ll I would love to talk to anyone that is willing to talk to me about anything ASL or the Def Community, or just about anything!

Go to aslsocial.net and you can see the events we have in Houston and the schedules as well as links. I know it is far for you but if you make plans, we will have plenty of deaf and asl students at our events and will welcome, with open arms, you into our fun group. Friday we had a social at a cajun restaurant and had thirty-six deaf and twelve hearing (but the small number was due to most deaf attended a funneral for the very first interpreter in Houston, she was 101 when she passed last week and interpreted up util she was 98). There are group in Austin that you can enjoy also. So if you need to social to "fit in" we welcom you just as here on AD.

Back