Hey All - new here!

DazzleJazzle

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm Meg. I'm here to meet some new people that I could possibly talk to :) I am HOH - in the past it has never been very severe but as time is going by I am beginning to lose my hearing more and more. I never learned ASL as a kid - both my parents are hearing and I guess we never thought I'd need to know how to sign. But now I'm thinking it could be a good idea. I know a lot of people who have been signing since early childhood and I kind of fear that I won't be able to communicate very well with anyone else well since I'm starting so late. I'm a student still, so I have time. But I don't know any deaf or HOH people that want to sign with someone who is a beginner. So I guess that's my story! Hope to talk to some of you guys soon!

Welcome to AD. It's never too late to learn ASL. If you do a class you can practice with others and find Deaf events in your area to go to as well.

I'm a student still, so I have time
College or high school?
I think it rocks that you're HOH and are interested in ASL.....there are SO SO many of us here.
Could you transfer to Gally or NTID or a state college that has a dhh program?

College or high school?
I think it rocks that you're HOH and are interested in ASL.....there are SO SO many of us here.
Could you transfer to Gally or NTID or a state college that has a dhh program?

Graduating High School this year! Planning on going to a college that has ASL classes though.

Graduating High School this year! Planning on going to a college that has ASL classes though.

oooooooooooooo..................Look into Gally or NTID or a college that has a strong dhh program.........Maybe you could go there as a visiting student or something!

Back