Hep C can be sexually transmitted

Right. Thanks to universal precautions and blood screening, things like that are not ocurring frequently. Of course, mistakes can always be made in blood screeing, but the acutual incidence is low.

Health care workers used to be terrified of accidental needle sticks in regard to HIV. But the cases of it being transmitted by needle stick are almost non-existent.

Accidential needle sticks happens more often than you think. OSHA has set standards and safety rules to help people to learn how to avoid getting stuck. Mainly people get stuck on errors on their part.

The risk is alive and real so it is NOT almost non-existent. Accidential Needle stick is still one of the top ways of contracting HCV.

I gave blood after 9 11 and I got a letter say I test positive for Hep C and to go for another blood test. The first thing the nurse asked me if I ate a lot seafood! I said eat shrimps! My second blood test came back negative . You can get hep C from eating a lot of seafood! GROSS! I was really disappointed
my blood could not be used help people hurt in the 911 attack!

I gave blood after 9 11 and I got a letter say I test positive for Hep C and to go for another blood test. The first thing the nurse asked me if I ate a lot seafood! I said eat shrimps! My second blood test came back negative . You can get hep C from eating a lot of seafood! GROSS! I was really disappointed

Your seafood was not fully cooked then.

no.

Accidential needle sticks happens more often than you think. OSHA has set standards and safety rules to help people to learn how to avoid getting stuck. Mainly people get stuck on errors on their part.

The risk is alive and real so it is NOT almost non-existent. Accidential Needle stick is still one of the top ways of contracting HCV.

I know someone who was recently diagnosed with Hep C. She contracted the virus while having surgery. Either she got contaminated blood via a transfusion OR the instruments that were used were contaminated. Either way, she's now infected and will have to be on treatment for the rest of her life.

The treatment for Hepatitis C is nasty, btw. First line treatment is with a drug called interferon.

http://www.interferon.ws/interferon-treatment.htm

I know someone who was recently diagnosed with Hep C. She contracted the virus while having surgery. Either she got contaminated blood via a transfusion OR the instruments that were used were contaminated. Either way, she's now infected and will have to be on treatment for the rest of her life.

The treatment for Hepatitis C is nasty, btw. First line treatment is with a drug called interferon.

major lawsuit. did she sue?

major lawsuit. did she sue?

Right now, she's more concerned with trying to save her own life. Not saying that a suit won't be discussed. It may be, but she has to start treatment asap. Her diagnosis is RECENT; something like 3 weeks ago.

Your seafood was not fully cooked then.

Did you read my whole comment my second test came OK ! I got a false reading the first time! I did not have Hep C! I heard of this happening to other people, their blood test come back positive when they do not have anything wrong! My cook was cooked fine! It drive me nuts how people read what they want to think around here!

Right you get hepatitis-A. from undercook seafood.

For those that don't know, there's 3 different strains of hepatitis.

Hepatitis A, Hep B, and, Hep C.

Hep A is the most curable of the three strains. It's usually gotten through eating contaminated food.

The other two strains are blood borne diseases, which one gets either through contaminated blood or contaminated medical/surgical instruments. You can also become infected through having sex with someone who's got the virus.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

http://www.bannerhealth.com/Service...is+the+difference+between+Hepatitis+A+B+C.htm

Interferon Treatment for Hepatitis C

Interferon is mainly to help fight viral infections. It is used for HIV, HCV and other viruses. It is rough on some people. Makes them feel sick.

Oh, I realize it is there and also OSHA standards. My husband was an oral surgeon, and I was his surgical assistant for many years. I remained in that field after his death until I went back to school and made a career change to clinical counseling.:giggle:

Did you read my whole comment my second test came OK ! I got a false reading the first time! I did not have Hep C! I heard of this happening to other people, their blood test come back positive when they do not have anything wrong! My cook was cooked fine! It drive me nuts how people read what they want to think around here!

I still think you confused Hep C for Hep A since the Nurse or Doctor asked if you ate seafood.... and you told her yes.... Hep A is from undercooked or raw seafood. Read the links I posted. :)

The virus or the medication?

Either way.. yes, on both. :)

I meant the medication, but you are right about the virus, too. Many people are infected for years before it is ever detected. It can also go remission for long periods of time.

Back