help with project about hearing impairment!???

jlatorre15

Reaction score
hey everyone! I am working on a project for an entrepreneurship class about new technologies. I am hoping to generate a product or series of products aimed at easing the lives of the hearing impaired (targeting every-day activities which pose a little more of a problem, such as waking up to alarm clocks or hearing carn horns around you).

Please help me out by replying with your personal issues of concern, and what you would like to see in the marketplace to alleviate those issues and make your life easier!

thank you so much, and i am looking forward to hearing your responses.

i am looking forward to hearing your responses.

What a terrible thing to say to deafies! Just kidding. I have a blind friend who says, "See you later. No, wait! I can't!" Then laughs like a maniac.

Anyway, I have a shake 'n' flash bedside alarm clock and separate travel alarm.

I have a strobe smoke-alarm in my bedroom.

My relay land-line phone won't be used till after Easter when I move to the sticks where cell-text phones don't work very well. Out there, no one can hear him now.

I have a strobe door "bell," but I have to remember to move the strobe and plug it in whichever room I move to.

I really need a door "bell" with more flashers. Or better yet, a central system to flash all lights in the house for door "bell," telephone, smoke alarm, and whatever.

What a terrible thing to say to deafies! Just kidding. I have a blind friend who says, "See you later. No, wait! I can't!" Then laughs like a maniac.

My relay land-line phone won't be used till after Easter when I move to the sticks where cell-text phones don't work very well. Out there, no one can hear him now.

I have a strobe door "bell," but I have to remember to move the strobe and plug it in whichever room I move to.

I really need a door "bell" with more flashers. Or better yet, a central system to flash all lights in the house for door "bell," telephone, smoke alarm, and whatever.

All this stuff can be done with control4. Bell with more flashes, strobe door bell, etc.

Honestly, there are so many products out there that give us equal access to everything that I cant think of anything else. One thing I can think of to make our lives easier is if we can just change the old and outdated views hearing people have of deaf people being dumb, a burden and on ASL. That would definitely be helpful!!!

**swinging shiny watch in fron of hearie's eyes**

"You're getting sleepy. You're getting very very sleepy."

Now, repeat after me: "Deaf good! ASL wonderful!"

:giggle:

I have a Sonic Alert System -
I have a flasher for the phone, door, alarmclock(Sonic Boom) and I'm getting a "sound signaller" for my cell(blackberry).
Each of these send there "signal" to a number of recievers in my house ... so no matter what room I'm in I can tell if the phone is rings, door bell , the alarmclock etc are going off ... no need to move things around. I've had this system for about 10 years and it works GREAT

Back