help me learn and understand asl and the deaf/hoh culture

stacie10236

Reaction score
hi! my name is stacie and i am currently learning asl and deaf culture. its a beautiful language and i am looking to interpret! i dont have anyone close to me that uses asl so its hard for me to practice id love to get to know someone in the central indiana area so i can learn better and meet new people ! thanks email me staciedick @ gmail . com :wave:

can no one really respond ? kinda rude! wow!

Do you know how many deaf people are actually regular participants here and how many requests of your sort we see on a regular basis.

If we responded, we wouldn't have time for an actual life with our own families.

Hello I am curious you would interesting to learn how ASL? how course?
I know you wish be goal on interpreter encourage to become interpreter :) love sign language skills improve ASL

hi! my name is stacie and i am currently learning asl and deaf culture. its a beautiful language and i am looking to interpret! i dont have anyone close to me that uses asl so its hard for me to practice id love to get to know someone in the central indiana area so i can learn better and meet new people ! thanks email me staciedick @ gmail . com :wave:

also the fact that we get student posters ALL the time around this time of the year and in january and most only stay to ask us questions on our deaf life and then leave...now THAT is rude..

If there's no one in your area using ASL, you might want to reconsider interpreter as a profession. Not saying that to be mean, but you might want to look at what the job opportunities are and maybe look to health department for mentoring. It wouldn't be good to put the time and money into something for a career and then not be able to find a job. Carrerbuilder.com shows 1 job for sign language interpreter and 0 for asl interpreter in Indiana. Mosnster.com showed nothing.

AHA! I love ASL and am looking to improve too! My friends sign, but they don't want to seriously study and practice with me. I just got Skype for this purpose and would LOVE to practice with you, if you are still looking. Skype name is Persephone.M. I am not sure how to work it since I haven't used it yet. I should figure it out fairly quickly though.

Hi Everyone!:) I'll be stright-out honest and say that I can still hear fine, but I joined here because I REALLY want to learn ASL! (Not joking!). I am quite interested in learning languages, but Signing has really grabbed me alot more than any other! I'm not here to offend anyone in any way, so if I say anything that offends anyone, I apologize in advance:) For anyone that is interested in skype with me, I am still planning to get a webcam (I hope that I get it very soon!:) If you'd like to email me, I'd be happy to hear from anyone that is interested in helping me learn Signing:) gazerstar30@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Back