Help me Decide New Aids or Accesories for old

efigalaxie

Reaction score
I currently have Phonak Savia 311dsZ HAs. They are 6, almost 7 years old. They still work great. I want to be able to stream music, cellular phone, remote control.
My budget is $3000 - $4000 total.

Should I

1) Get the smartlink+, mlxi receivers, boots for my Phonaks

OR

2) Go to Costco. Get 2 BTE with Bluetooth integrated for $2000 plus molds and exam......and get their Bluetooth streamer box all for less then the Phonak stuff above. The Costco stuff is usually rebadged top brand stuff from what I gather.

Please help!!!!

If you have a loss that can be accommodated by the Costco aids, which I think are rebranded Siemens, and can do it for less, you should be better off in the long run by buying the Costco aids, since your hearing aids are fairly old.

I encouraged my father to ditch the VA and head to Costco instead. The VA is nowhere near our city, and although we have others close by, they don't handle hearing aid services. Costco stands behind their product and if you're looking to save money, that's the place to look....and best of all, they're local. If you're interested in going this route, you might want to check out the Hearing Aid forum. There's several people that have bought from Costco that can point you in the right direction and answer any questions you might have....good luck.

Laura

If you plan on upgrading, you might also look at Phonak's Milo Plus lineup. They've got several different BTE versions to choose from, all the accessories and features you're interested in, and can usually be had for under $3,000 for the set. My hunch is that they'll probably have more dynamic features than the Costco aids, though it's hard to say without knowing which aids you're considering.

Back