Help me choose please

cammomile

Reaction score
We all know, cochlear implant is very very very expensive. In your country (mostly you're from USA?) you can get benefit from the government subsidies or even from Insurance. But In Indonesia, we don't get any subsidies from government, nor the insurance company. We have to pay it from our own pocket. And if we don't have any, we have to lend it from the bank, families, or friends!

For this reason, to decide which brand we want to use is not that easy. Because, we spend so much money, that's why we need to choose one of the best, especially for ourselves.

Any of you can give me clue about which of this three brand should I choose?
My question will be like this :
If I want.............................. then I should choose AB
If I want.............................. then I should choose Medel
If I want.............................. then I should choose Cochlear

Thank you very much, I'm waiting for your response :wave:

I am not from the US but Canada- the Province I live in-Ontario does "pickup the whole charge-$55,000. CDN" if APPROVED BY Cochlear Implant clinic in specifics sections of the province. I was processed by Sunnybrook/Toronto 3 years ago.
The question you posed: which of the 3 companies to buy? In my case, they decided which of the 3 was best suited for me. Personally I didnt/still don't object as my technical knowledge on Implants is almost zero.
You will have to accept some expert in your area on which to buy. Yeah you are right-no easy task.
Good luck!

Advanced Bionics-Harmony Atria activated Aug/07:wave:

Back