Hello :)

MmmmCoffee

Reaction score
Hello from Minnesota :)

I'm really happy to find this website.

I'm a Hearing student, a senior at a state college, and I've learned a lot from my Deaf teachers who taught me ASL and about the Deaf culture.

I've taken every class my school has to offer for ASL and Deaf culture and I want more. ASL is a beautiful, beautiful language and I respect the people who use it and envy their abilities.

I hope to meet some great people here and get more involved with the Deaf community - online and in-person :), maybe even share a cup of coffee.

Mmmm Coffee :cheers:

Cheers,

-MC (Adam)

:welcome: to AD. What are you majoring in?

I think it is great to see people learning ASL and about Deaf Culture. :)

Thanks for the welcomes :)

I'm majoring in communication disorders - going for speech pathology.

I want to work with kids - hopefully with Deaf/HoH kids cause I love using sign.

I don't view non-oral Deafness as a bad thing at all though - I'd just be offering a tool people could use if they wanted it.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

I'm majoring in communication disorders - going for speech pathology.

I want to work with kids - hopefully with Deaf/HoH kids cause I love using sign.

I don't view non-oral Deafness as a bad thing at all though - I'd just be offering a tool people could use if they wanted it.

Your view is good... a toolbox is good to have, and the if wanted part is very important (to me that is). Welcome to AD! what classes did your school offer? Are you planning on taking more, even if you have to go somewhere else?

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody :)

Ash: (I love the cat avatar by the way)

For my school, they offered 5 classes: 4 levels of Sign and a class on Deaf culture.

I've had 4/5 classes: levels 1, 2, and 4 of ASL (I skipped 3) and the Deaf culture one.

I've looked into interpreting schools for more ASL classes - and I want to take more, but I need to finish the SLP degree first so I can get a job and pay for everything lol... >.>

:( I know it's an investment...but why does college have to cost about 15-20 years of loan debts?

Back