hello

I'm hoh, some kind of infection or accident when I was four. I don't really know. I don't use a hearing aid, although since they have improved. I don't know. I need the person to be looking at me directly in order to understand what they are saying.

Hello!

Welcome, I have the same thing as you...HOH and I don't use hearing aids.

wow U guys don't use hearing aids huh?
you should try them sometimes, they're wonderful if it depend on your loss level :)
I'm switching to the lastest hearing aid technology *Safari or Epoqs* really soon! (January 2011)
I have 5 yr old Oticon Gaias right now but 1 thing, it doesn't have a VOLUME CONTROL!!!
and my backup sets are already dead now :D

Oh yeah, I second that! Some of the newer aids are really good. I think if you haven't tried aids for a few years, you should at least trial them. But then again, everyone's different. You can always learn ASL too!
I actually did sr year of high school and part of sr year of college UNAIDED!! (at hearing high school and college)

Oh yeah, I second that! Some of the newer aids are really good. I think if you haven't tried aids for a few years, you should at least trial them. But then again, everyone's different. You can always learn ASL too!
I actually did sr year of high school and part of sr year of college UNAIDED!! (at hearing high school and college)

yeah, I heard the newer hearing aids are good!
I was considering switching to the newer models since my Siemens is dead and my Oticons are 5 yrs old with no volume control!!!!! XD

I have been toying with the idea, him and haing but they are so expensive you can buy a new car instead of hearing aids.

wow U guys don't use hearing aids huh?
you should try them sometimes, they're wonderful if it depend on your loss level :)
I'm switching to the lastest hearing aid technology *Safari or Epoqs* really soon! (January 2011)
I have 5 yr old Oticon Gaias right now but 1 thing, it doesn't have a VOLUME CONTROL!!!
and my backup sets are already dead now :D

Stop bragging about your hearing aids and how awesome they are. They chose to not wear hearing aids. That is their life and their decisions. :roll:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum, Koila. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back